Honored Contributor

Thank you to those who answered and for the additional info. : )

I ordered these as I have a few family members who have mentioned in the past how much they loved them and at $5 a gift (be it a stocking stuffer or a Secret Santa or whatever), you can NOT beat the price!!

Honored Contributor

If someone thinks these are overpriced, I would venture to guess they've not looked out in retail for these types of apples.  Many are in the $10.00/apple range.  Yeah you can probably get some for cheaper that are tiny apples and they are covered in that nasty waxy chocolate.

That being said, the last time I ordered Mrs. Prindable's apples, I didn't like the apples.  I like a super crisp apple and my apples were a little on the mushy side.

I ended up buying a few about 2 years ago from Rocky Mountain Chocolate and I know I paid $9.95 an apple but they were excellant.

Super Contributor

Re: Mrs Prindables

[ Edited ]

I don't eat MP apples, but every year my mother places at least one order and they go! Always a big hit at holiday get togethers.

One year, to her delight, my sister found a straggler in the back of the basement fridge around February/March, leftover from the holiday season. She ate it that night and said it was still good!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs Prindables

[ Edited ]

Yes, I remember when they sold them with nuts.  I loved them then.  I don't like a lot of chocolate on my apple, especially dark bitter chocolate.  I imagine, though, that nuts would bring the price up too high.

And yes, $5 an apple is a good price.  I also thought that the apples are made when orders come in, not sitting there already made.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Occasionaly, Costco has gourmet apples. I'd rather buy them there because I don't need ten apples.

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Occasionaly, Costco has gourmet apples. I'd rather buy them there because I don't need ten apples.

Of course, if you are buying them for yourselve, Costco is a great option. Who wants these candied apples in your house to eat. It is too fattening and not necessarily healthy.

However, if you need gifts, these work great because they come with a box and card which makes the value very good.

It just depends upon your needs.

Respected Contributor

I got these for gifts. They are a great price for gifts and 1 for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased these once and by the time they got to me they were spotted brown inside and mushy spots. The candies were falling off. I couldn't give them to guests. Now I buy local and they are fresh dipped and $4.50.

Esteemed Contributor

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory apples are $5.00 here.  

Regular Contributor
I ordered these once, and the apples were stale, spotted, and sometimes grainy. Wouldn' t order again. I'd rather buy fresh apples I like, and eat them with a side of cheese, or chocolate.