Regular Contributor

Mrs. Prindables apples QUESTIONS

Are they all the same size? And are they always Granny Smith?

TIA

Regular Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables apples QUESTIONS

Bum pity bump

Frequent Contributor

They are usually Granny Smith unless otherwise noted (Pink Lady). They vary in size there are smaller individual apples and then there are larger ones. 

The host usually will state in the presentation what size they are.

Hope this helps. 

Honored Contributor

@SAM OHIO wrote:

They are usually Granny Smith unless otherwise noted (Pink Lady). They vary in size there are smaller individual apples and then there are larger ones. 

The host usually will state in the presentation what size they are.

Hope this helps. 

Sometimes they say they will be Granny Smith apples and you get a mix of Granny Smith and red apples. I don't believe this happens frequently, but it can happen in years where they have trouble obtaining enough Granny Smith apples. Last year I ordered a box of the jumbo apples and most were Granny Smith but a few were red apples. It could be because they didn't get enough that met their jumbo apple size requirements or because last year there were multiple cases of people getting listeria from caramel apples and they were all traced back to the apples from ONE apple processing plant in CA that processed Gala and Granny Smith apples and they were all recalled. None of the Mrs Prindables apples were affected because they all came from Washington state, but Mrs Prindables had some red apples in the jumbo Granny Smith items last year. Later I bought a box of the smaller Granny Smith caramel apples and they were all Ganny Smiths.

QVC Social Team

Hi @Beautybuster! Other than being absolutely delicious, I've eaten way more than I'm willing to admit to, here is more information able Mrs. Prindables apples. Hope this helps!

What types of apples are used?
Mrs. Prindable's selects apples that are the freshest, firmest (crunchiest) and best quality available during the season. We match the flavor profile of the apple with our homemade caramel and gourmet toppings. We often select Granny Smith apples; however, other varieties are used also.

How are the apples selected?
Mrs. Prindable's selects apples based upon the quality of the firmness and taste. We use certain apple buyers around the country to visit and check quality before we purchase. Since our apples come direct from the growers, they are fresher than what you would purchase in a grocery store!

How are apples sized?
Mrs. Prindable's uses several different size apples for its assortments. Those sizes are Jumbo, Large, and Treat/Individual. The size is usually presented in the assortment name or in the description of what the assortment contains. Here's a helpful chart for the sizes that Mrs. Prindable's offers on QVC:

QVC Apple Size Terminology

Avg. Diameter, Inches

Approx. Weight, Ounces

Jumbo

Large

Treat/Individual

What are the differences between Treat and Individual sizes?
Both the Treat size and Individual size are the same size apples. However, the treat size is dipped in caramel and topped with sprinkles. The individual size is dipped in caramel and rolled in gourmet toppings creating a thicker, larger gourmet apple.

How long do Mrs. Prindable's apples last?
We suggest apples be refrigerated upon receipt. If refrigerated, Mrs. Prindable's apples will be delicious for at least three weeks. Before enjoying, remove from refrigerator and let apples warm to room temperature. If not refrigerated, Mrs. Prindable's apples will be good for at least 10 days. Remember — it all starts with a fresh apple!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I think I'm going to order these for customer gifts if the upcoming TSV is the larger size apples😋

Honored Contributor

They do look SO GOOD. And the apples are so crisp. A nice contrast with the sweet coating.

Valued Contributor

So are the TSV apples the JUMBO ones or large?

Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

So are the TSV apples the JUMBO ones or large?

Large

Occasional Contributor

How long do the apples stay fresh looking after cutting them? I know it's a weird question but I work in a prison and will need to cut the apples before I leave my house since I can't take a knife to work (obviously). I have a 50 minute ride to work. I was just wondering if they will turn a little brown before I am able to give them out in the morning. Can anyone help??? TIA