Respected Contributor

Love these apples and like to give as gifts to adults.  Wish the boxes were offered in 2 versions, one for kids and one for adults.  I give these to my adult neighbors and they look silly in child themed boxes.

Respected Contributor

Over the last few years, I purchased these to give to coworkers. I decided not to do that anymore because the last batch I had was not as good as in the past. The toppings and selection on the TSV is very limited. 

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Love these apples and like to give as gifts to adults.  Wish the boxes were offered in 2 versions, one for kids and one for adults.  I give these to my adult neighbors and they look silly in child themed boxes.

@Catch71 I agree.  I don't use the boxes.  I put them in small natural burlap bags and tie a wired gold or silver ribbon around it.  Feeling and hearing the cellophane inside the burlap adds to the sensory surprise -- everyone loves it. 

I give the boxes to my mom who still loves to give little candy gifts to her Sunday School children in church.

Esteemed Contributor

Christmas is a whimsical, fairy tale time of year .... the boxes for the apples fall right into that category.... I see nothing wrong with them as age shouldn’t be a consideration .... Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they offered a purchasing option - like they do on other foods - 5 for a good price or buy 10 for a good price.  I just don't have a need for ten apples!! 

Five would be just right...keep one or two and give four or three!!  

Honored Contributor

Boxes seem appropriate for all ages but you could glam them up as someone else suggested.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

That is a great idea; to use them for something else!  

Valued Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindable's Apples

[ Edited ]

They do not offer the nuts anymore. Personally, I do not like all the candy on the apples. They used to offer crushed pecans which went so well with the chocolate and the apple. Most people don't like all the candy stuck on the chocolate.

Plus the price seems higher than in years past. When not adding the nuts these apples should be cheaper than they are now. I'm on the fence about ordering which I did every year for gifts.

I agree that the boxes are inappropriate for giving to adults. I noticed that right away and thought, 'I'm not giving 60 yr olds a apple in a kids box! Even for teachers, what's with the kids boxes'!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

They do not offer the nuts anymore. Personally, I do not like all the candy on the apples. They used to offer crushed pecans which went so well with the chocolate and the apple. Most people don't like all the candy stuck on the chocolate.

Plus the price seems higher than in years past. When not adding the nuts these apples should be cheaper than they are now. I'm on the fence about ordering which I did every year for gifts.

I agree that the boxes are inappropriate for giving to adults. I noticed that right away and thought, 'I'm not giving 60 yr olds a apple in a kids box! Even for teachers, what's with the kids boxes'!

------------

I think the price is higher because they are including the boxes!!  Could certainly do without the boxes, if it gave me a lower price!!

I also prefer a layer of nuts rather than all that sweet candy!!

Esteemed Contributor

IMHO, I would only give this as a gift if I received the whole box. In this climate of COVID, I would not want an apple as a gift. I would throw it out even if it is wrapped in cellophane.