Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden - the QVC TSV ones were 450 lumens each.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Beams TSV

[ Edited ]

The difference between 400 lumens and 450 lumens is technical. The human eye cannot detect the difference between the two. It is important to note here as well that an increase in lumens is logarithmic. In other words when you go from 50 lumens to 100 lumens it is noticeable, whereas when you go from 400 to 450 lumens it is not.

Honored Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

@SeaMaiden - the QVC TSV ones were 450 lumens each.  

thankyou @ceekay   I stand corrected.  My appologies to anyone I offended.  I also appologized on the thread I started on the community chat page.... and I asked the social team to remove or close it down. I was wrong on my information..

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden,

For what it's worth, the TSV lights from yesterday with their touted 450 lumens are in a sense a sort of gimmick to get you to buy  "brighter" lights when in fact you really can't see a 50 lumen difference at this level. It's just a way for them to get consumers to buy. I would be happy the the 400 lumen lights just the same.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden,

For what it's worth, the TSV lights from yesterday with their touted 450 lumens are in a sense a sort of gimmick to get you to buy  "brighter" lights when in fact you really can't see a 50 lumen difference at this level. It's just a way for them to get consumers to buy. I would be happy the the 400 lumen lights just the same.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  I see what you mean  about the difference....... I was thinking it was like "WOW!!!!  This is amazing!" But  I guess not really.....

How  are you doing SilleeMee?  Do you have plans for the coming weekend?  It is going to be about 90 degrees here... too hot for me. Hope whatever you do ( or don't do!) you have a nice weekend anyway. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden,

@SilleeMee  I see what you mean  about the difference....... I was thinking it was like "WOW!!!!  This is amazing!" But  I guess not really.....

How  are you doing SilleeMee?  Do you have plans for the coming weekend?  It is going to be about 90 degrees here... too hot for me. Hope whatever you do ( or don't do!) you have a nice weekend anyway. Smiley Happy

Thanks for asking @SeaMaidenWoman Happy I'm doing fine. My city has a hot air balloon launch this Labor Day weekend. I hope to make it to the tether festivities at night in the park. Lots of food and drink. Hope you will have a nice weekend where you are.

Trusted Contributor

$10 cheaper for the same 2 pack on the EV channel today if anyone missed it, or wanted white and is on waitlist (if there ws a waitlist).

I agree the difference between 400 and 450 is not noticable. I hate when that happens. E should have run their TSV the same day, not a day later.

$10 difference is a lot. Usually it shows up somewhere for a dollar or 2.

it is the constant selling push of "only available at QVC", "made only for the QVC folks" that annoys me.  That is not a lie I guess, because of the 50 lumens, but they are exactly the same in every other way.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read the info shared here on the Evine item's lower price.  At first I was angry and feeling duped.   Woman Mad

Then I read differences in some of the details.  If the specs turn out to be accurate and not all hype, then I will be glad I paid a little more for the stronger units. 

Here are the differences that I hope make the QVC ones the better choice for my situation.  I am needing the larger motion sensing range and larger lighted area.

QVC's Model MB391:

• 450 lumens...675 sq ft light coverage
  • 36' motion sensor range

Evine's Model MB380 (White) and MB390 (Dk Brown):

• 400 Lumens provides up to 400 ft2 of lighted area
  • ...Detects motion as far as 25' away

Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Beams TSV

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

I just read the info shared here on the Evine item's lower price.  At first I was angry and feeling duped.   Woman Mad

Then I read differences in some of the details.  If the specs turn out to be accurate and not all hype, then I will be glad I paid a little more for the stronger units. 

Here are the differences that I hope make the QVC ones the better choice for my situation.  I am needing the larger motion sensing range and larger lighted area.

QVC's Model MB391:

• 450 lumens...675 sq ft light coverage
  • 36' motion sensor range

Evine's Model MB380 (White) and MB390 (Dk Brown):

• 400 Lumens provides up to 400 ft2 of lighted area
  • ...Detects motion as far as 25' away

I just did the math...

675 sq feet of light is 5 to 7 feet further out than the 400 sq ft light. Is that a significant amount of distance? For me it depends on where I'll be placing the light and most likely I would buy more than one set anyway if I needed more coverage. To me it's six or half a dozen of the other. I don't think you can go wrong with either set of lights.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just did the math...

675 sq feet of light is 5 to 7 feet further out than the 400 sq ft light. Is that a significant amount of distance? For me it depends on where I'll be placing the light and most likely I would buy more than one set anyway if I needed more coverage. To me it's six or half a dozen of the other. I don't think you can go wrong with either set of lights.

@SilleeMee, I tried to do the math on the light projection range, too, and said...

oh nevermind...LOL...but the motion sensing distance is going to be key for me, and will really determine just where I mount one of them in particular.  If one does the trick in that area, then I can use the second one somewhere else entirely and not have to double up.  That is where my thoughts are headed at the moment anyway.