Super Contributor

Re: More ripoff dyson junk, really?

I am not a huge Dyson fan. It is a very heavy vacuum, and the hose part is hard to use. The suction is ok unless I am going under low tables, then when the handle is down, it stops. My sister was told by the carpet store not to use Dyson. Would void the warranty.
Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 champagnepoodle said:

The issue with this cordless is it works good on air because its brand spanking new...lets see how great it is 8 years from now.

I have four Dysons including one that is over 10 years old and this stick model they're selling today. None has ever needed repair; they just go on and on. Let's see a Shark that lasts 10 years. They're so cheaply built and flimsy, I'd be surprised if they lasted 10 months.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I bought this model two years ago and I am very happy with it. I could have purchased it directly from Dyson, but the Q's offer included more attachments and easy pay. I probably like it more than most people would because I have mostly hard surfaces in my home. I only have carpet in our master bedroom and have a Shark for that room. I do not care for the Shark, I find it very bulky and eventually will replace it with something else. Perhaps a Miele.

The model they are selling as the TSV is not the latest cordless model. There is a DC59.

Occasional Contributor

I'm seriously SICK of the endless broadcasts of vacuum cleaners, laptops and cameras. And now an entire day of Dyson? Puhleeze! What a bore.

Valued Contributor

I am not even tempted by a Dyson. I have an Oreck and if it broke down today I would have another one tomorrow...love it that much. So lightweight and does the job.

Honored Contributor

I have had the DC41 Ball model for about 4-5 years now and it is working perfectly still. I do agree the hose could be better, it is awkward to use. I am still happy with mine.

"To each their own, in all things".
Regular Contributor

I love my Dyson. I got so tired of throw-away vacuums, lasting 2 yrs tops - Hoover windtunnels, Dirt Devils, Eurekas, ones with bags, w/o bags etc. that I finally broke down 2 yrs ago & on Black Friday purchased a Dyson ball vacuum & it ranks as one of my best purchases ever.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/22/2014 kachina624 said:
On 6/22/2014 champagnepoodle said:

The issue with this cordless is it works good on air because its brand spanking new...lets see how great it is 8 years from now.

I have four Dysons including one that is over 10 years old and this stick model they're selling today. None has ever needed repair; they just go on and on. Let's see a Shark that lasts 10 years. They're so cheaply built and flimsy, I'd be surprised if they lasted 10 months.

Have you had a Shark?

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Dyson's are made of all plastic. Does that tell you anything? (Expensive too)

Honored Contributor

I vacuum my condo rugs with a Hoover upright that's so old they don't even make bags for it any longer. Still, the owner of the shop where I take it for tuning tells me to keep it and sells me a bag that makes do. And he sells news and old vacuums right there in the same shop!

I also have a relatively new Electrolux - hate it, but I use it in my apartment. If I actually owned these rugs, I'd buy something else, maybe even a poorly rated Dyson. Couldn't be much worse.