Regular Contributor

Re: More ripoff dyson junk, really?

I returned by Dyson for a Kirby and it's worth every penny. This Kirby lifts up the dirt from deep into the carpet. Also, I can shampoo my Royal Palace rugs, polish my hardwood and the vacuum lifts up the carpet hairs so my carpet looks brand new.

For those who believe you are cleaning your carpet with the Dyson because you see all the "dirt" in the canister after you vacuum what is really happening is the Dyson is cutting your carpet hairs as the dirt is lifted out of the carpet and this is creating all the "dirt" in your canister. The Kirby is heavier with more powerful so the dirt doesn't cut the carpet hairs.

I know the Kirby is more 3X more expensive but you can do 3 X more with it.

Super Contributor

On 7/6/2014 glinda said: We have always had one or two Labrador Retrievers during our 37 years of married life. Until 10 years ago, we always had black labs, whose hair just fell to the floor. Then we got a yellow lab..she so reminds me of "pigpen" on Peanuts! She walks, and you can see hair going "ping, ping ping" off of her, and it floats around, landing on furniture..etc.. We never had to vacuum. Dog hair off the furniture before, and we were always breaking belts, running out of bags, etc. even 10 years ago, it was a leap of faith to plunk down a good chunk of money for a "Animal Ball Dyson". best money we ever spent! ten years and two dogs later, the dyson is still going strong, and we haven't spent one cent on belts or bags, or getting the wrong size and having to return the bags and belts. After my parents passed away and we were getting their home ready to put on the market, I vacuumed the entire house...even though my brother in law had just ran the vacuum. ( mom and dad had a very hairy, long haired car). NO ONE could believe the "stuff" that ended up in the Dyson!! I would recommend the purple animal "ball" Dyson to anyone!! We have NEVER had a problem with it, and it works as good now as it did 10 years ago!

I have Labs too and they are definitely shedding machines!! I vacuum daily because of them and have to empty the canister at least twice. I still have the old Dyson Animal that came out before the Dyson Ball and it is 8 years old and it still runs like brand new. I used to go through at least 1 vacuum a year before I got my Dyson. As far as the Dyson being compared to a Shark--there is no comparison. I've never had a Shark product last longer than a year. Maybe if you don't have kids or dogs..or a husband a Shark might be ok, but not in my house.

Not applicable

We bought a Dyson (the orange one) about 3 years ago. It worked really well. When my son got married, we bought ourselves the Dyson animal (purple one) and gave him the orange one. The new one has very little suction. I vacuum up dry cat food and it drops it back out onto the floor a foot later. No help at all. The ball on the original one is now making some sort of awful rubbing sound when we use it so we stopped using it. Not sure what is wrong with either of them other than they didn't last very long and I won't waste my money on another Dyson. Way too expensive for how long they last, or don't last. Too bad, I love not having a bag.