Respected Contributor

More Polyester Sheets...Ugghhhh!

With everyone on the bandwagon to ban plastics, why does every fabric now contain polyester? The Q has been my "go-to" for beautiful sheets, now I'm back on a search again. Please give us back the 100% cotton sheets!

Respected Contributor

Re: More Polyester Sheets...Ugghhhh!

Totally agree. I do not buy poly sheets-

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. I mistakenly years ago purchased a set of HR reversible sheets which were a blend. They were terrible. I donated to a shelter.
Honored Contributor

I currently only have Northern Nights wrinkle release sheets in my linen closet.  I prefer them to anythng else I've tried.  I also prefer 400 thread count.

Esteemed Contributor

I have several sets of their blended sheets and I like them very much.  They are more substantial than all-cotton sheets.  They don't wrinkle.  I don't find them hot at all, as they are very comfortable to slip into.  I like 100% cotton as well, and have several sets of those too.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I thought they looked nice until I just switched over to the channel and the girl was tucking them in and they looked really flimsy and kinda wrinkly.  But, what do you expect for $40?  

I do have a set of the NN Wrinkle Defense? sheets and love them.  Could probably use the same sheets in a lower thread count for summer since these are quite substantial and my favorite summer sheets are getting thread bare.  I really loved those sheets.  They were very smooth and actually felt a little cool to the touch  My only complaint with them was I couldn't get a good tuck on them.  They forget when they make these deeper pocket sheets to also add width to the flat sheets so you can tuck them in.

Esteemed Contributor

There's something for all of us, and I appreciate the choices we have. I happen to like the blended cotton/poly sheets. They're soft, not at all hot for me, and don't wrinkle.

Honored Contributor

I still have 'blended' sheets from years and years and years ago..........They haven't pilled, comfortable, no wrinkling at all.  

I guess it's the ratio of the cotton/poly that matters.......I'll have to look on the tag(s) on my sheets and find the ratio.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

HR has a tri-blend sheet too.  Cotton/Poly/Some other Plant (forget which one) which isn't too bad that I bought over a year ago.  Thin but a very cool feeling sheet that I sometimes pull out in the summer.

Honored Contributor

i prefer poly microfiber or poly blend sheets. i like that there are few wrinkles and they wash and wear well.

i wont buy all cotton sheets because they are too wrinkly.

lots of choices available though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein