Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mistakes Happen....But....Need to Vent!

@haddon9 wrote:

Is there any way for you to take it apart & stuff it back into the box? 

If you can do the free exchange that the Q is always offering and just have your mail carrier pick it up at your front door for you.  You'll have to schedule it on USPS.com for "return" items to be picked up.

I think the problem is that she can't get it all back in the box.  I

Respected Contributor

Mactective, take my advise and send it back and get your money back!  I have an old flywheel exercise bike my DH bought at a rummage sale a few years ago.  We put new pedals and a new seat on it, and I've been riding it for all this time.  I saw the Fitnation bike presentations and got suckered into ordering it.  We got it today, put it together, and I rode it tonight instead of the old one.  My knees are KILLING me, the seat post is SO SHORT that it would only work for a 4' tall child.  My knees were never bent less than 90 degrees, no matter how I adjusted or reclined the thing.  Riding an exercise bike is no different than riding a regular bike, your legs should extend so that your knee is nearly straight at the full extent of the circle the pedal wheel describes.  This exercise bike is not going to do anyone any good, you aren't going to be using your leg muscles properly at all.  I had to ride five more miles than normal to expend the same number of calories due to the tiny little circles I was pedaling, and thus my knees did 33% more work than they needed to, as I rode 20 miles instead of 15, my usual distance.  I got the right color, but this bike is a piece of junk unless you are very short indeed!

Esteemed Contributor

Vent away a lot of good it will do you. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I would do everything I could to pack that bike up and return it, then buy one somewhere else.  

UPS will charge around $10.50 for a pickup.  USPS no charge if they pick up a box that large.

An UPS store would pack it for you if you can get it there. No idea how much it would cost.  QVC won't reimburse you.  Tried that.

Super Contributor

I totally understand your frustation.    I kow QVC will accept the return, but from what I understand that isn't the whole point, so to speak.   They really need to step up and refund the additional cost for packing or make arrangements to have the item picked up and packed.  It's not that the item is not wanted,  it is wrong.  Situations like this is what makes me not want to buy some items on line,  its a hassle to return.  

Honored Contributor

That must be one ugly bike to go to the trouble of packing it up! Yikes 

Esteemed Contributor

A bummer, but not a deal breaker for me.

Regular Contributor

Does it say anywhere that all pieces have to go back in the same box? These are packed by machines and a person is not able to replicate. I say make QVC pay for as many boxes as it takes to ship back. 

Respected Contributor

Sleepy Time, my DH and I packed the bike I ordered all  back in the same box it came in this evening, and put it in my car to take to the post office tomorrow, it is completely possible, if not "easy", to put all the pieces back into that box.

Respected Contributor

GenXmuse, I'm sending mine back not because of how it looks, but because it cannot be ridden by anyone over four feet tall.  The seat post is so short you can't get it set high enough to bend your legs any less than 90 degrees.  No way you can straighten your legs enough to effectively pedal the bike.  When I leaned forward on the arm rests, my knees hit my forearms.  And I'm 5'7", nowhere near as tall as what the vendor advertised the bike as fit for, I think he said a 6' or taller man could ride it.  Nope, they lied.