Respected Contributor

Re: Mistakes Happen....But....Need to Vent!

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

That's a huge bummer. I always worry when I order big things like that, things that don't easily go back into a box. It doesn't matter if I order from QVC or Amazon or anywhere else mail order, there's always a risk it could be wrong and that makes me nervous.

If you hate it but don't want to go to the hassle of returning it (I think I'd have done the same), I'd look into other options, like paint or some black Contact Paper.

I feel the same way ... a blouse .. OK. that's one thing ....but as i stated

before .. I hesitate too ....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry this happened to you. You're not being silly. You are merely expressing your dissatisfaction with your purchase, and interaction with customer service, that is usually exemplary. Most people in your shoes would probably feel the same way. The fact that it's a cumbersome item to return, only adds to your frustration. At least you were able to accept it ultimately, with a mixed sense of resolution. Mistakes sometimes happen, but this one would test the resolve of anyone. Sometimes like you said, we just need to vent.😊

~~~💖

Honored Contributor

I think I would have noticed as soon as I opened it that it was blue instead of black.  I sure would have noticed as I started laying out the pieces.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mactective wrote:

Thanks for listening.  It can't be painted - there is an ugly striping on the seat and on the adjusting knobs.  But I sure appreciate the understanding.  I feel a little silly about whining about the color but it really is an ugly blue.  LOL.

Don't feel silly about not liking or wanting this color.  That is why it is offered in more than one color - so you have a CHOICE.   Where do they get these CS people anyway?  Stay home from work?????  Invite the UPS guy in to help you put it back in the box ???  You are lucky if you can catch the guy to say thanks, let alone have him stay and help.  I don't think that they can legally come inside your house anyway.  I had a guy that wouldn't carry a Royal Palace rug into my foyer.  He said he wasn't suppose to.  Anyway, I completely understand about liking what I am going to look at, especially in my living room.  I don't have a solution for you, but I wish you the best with your work out routine.

Go get em!! 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

You are in good company.  Hope you feel better...

Super Contributor

You came to a good place to vent.

If I didn't want it in my house I would just dump all the pieces in a box and return it for a refund.

Super Contributor

I would call back and start over.

• You received an incorrect color
  • It is eligible for return at their expense
  • CS is empowered to offer you a credit if you've decided to keep it in spite of the error., but you have to let them know you are wiling to keep it in consideration for a credit. 
Respected Contributor

@moto wrote:

I would call back and start over.

• You received an incorrect color
  • It is eligible for return at their expense
  • CS is empowered to offer you a credit if you've decided to keep it in spite of the error., but you have to let them know you are wiling to keep it in consideration for a credit. 

Great idea .. maybe with a different person you may get a different

answer ....

Frequent Contributor

I would feel the same way that you feel.  That's  why Q gives you choices.  Personally, I'd call CS again and tell them, in as few words as possible, that you received your item and it's incorrect......what do they want you to do with it.  Let them take the lead with your options and then you pick one if they offer a reasonable one.  You shouldn't have to debate or argue an incorrect order.  Also, I'm a bit surprised that none of the Q moderators for this board haven't chimed in yet.🧐

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like @Imaoldhippie 's idea. Get a few people to come and help you with the bike. Reward them with food and drink! Maybe they'll even take it to the UPS store (or USPS) for you! There's no reason you should keep something you're not satisfied with.