Honored Contributor

Re: 'Miraculous' Perricone and other beauty products

@Pook I agree with your comments.  I really got into a lot of skincare when I first began watching QVC.  I hadn't taken the time to shop for skincare when  my kids were young, etc.  I did use a little but not a huge routine like I do now at my advanced age.  I know the cosmetics cannot make a 70+ year old look like your 30, but it does help to improve your skin and not make it look so dry, etc.  I have very little wrinkles under my eyes.  Neck needs work.  My skin feels very soft even though I do have wrinkles.  Makes me feel good to go through my routine of serum, moisturizer, etc.  Sunscreen is  a must too.   

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Puppy Lips  I first started using SS Facemaster in my late 40s which made a huge difference.  Then I found Serious Skin Care EGG which worked better than the Facemaster for my jawline and lifting my face.  A few years ago I found SKINN Trimlastic ( which I had  on subscription with Evine and now is not sold but I have a bunch of refulls stockpiled.  It has a neck/chin strap and that is amazing with the treatment masks.  A lot of poor reviews by many but sure worked great for me.  I also use SKINN Neck Armour and am hoping that will work just as well the the chin/neck strap to keep the jowels and turkey neck at bay.  I wear that for an hour when working out each morning.  Maybe most would not want to take the time but to look and feel my best it is so worth it for me.

I had not heard of SKINN Trimlastic.  I just watched a you tube video about this produce and other companies do make something similar.  I'm going to investigate this product. 

I also have the susan sommers facemaster and I KNOW This works.  I notice when I use it consistently I do look better.  NO, I did not go back 20 years but I looks more refreshed in the face.

My question is how do these products work in comparison to RETIN A. 

If one is using RETIN A, are any of these other products even needed????

I would love to hear anyone comments on the use of retin a in conjunction with these items.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I so wish i could get those younger to realize , sun screen is most important, number 1, then when you get to say 40's start slow on retin a, i swear this is most important, the sun will  harm your skin, i know for a fact.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest I agree totally --use sunscreen every day, even in winter.  I like Denese's day cream because it has Zinc and stays on long.

Frequent Contributor

All I have to say that I am 55 years old and nobody belives me when I tell them my age. I l look so much younger then my age. Skincare ??? good Genes ??? Lifestyle ??? Who knows. But not Genes because my Family Menbers do not look so great. 

And most of woman my age have already wrinkles and look their age.

I rather use good skincare and try the best I can then later regreting having been cheap with my money or being lazy and because of that I may could have looked younger and better much longer .

I think taking care of your skin helps to keep you look better. Unless maybe if you smoke and live an unhealthy Livestyle. Then maybe nothing helps.

I actually know a woman and she smokes. She is only 3 years older then me and she has so many deep wrinkels all over her Face and neck .She looks so old .

I have none of that.

Frequent Contributor

I have to agree with the posts.  There is no magic elixir that will lift your facial contours and make you appear 10 - 20 years younger.  But, there are a lot of products, expensive and inexpensive, that will help to smooth and hydrate your skin which will make you appear younger and your lines less apparant.  I have come to this realization.  I used to be like many that was dazzled by the latest and greatest skin care that was advertised on QVC.  Not any more. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only scientifically proven topical that works is Rx Retin-A. It's the gold standard anti-aging solution for aging skin. Retin-A repairs sun-damaged skin by rebuilding collagen destroyed/damaged by the sun and reduces and/or eliminates hyperpigmentation caused from the sun. The result you get from using Retin-A long term is younger looking skin.

Esteemed Contributor

Let's be honest; those of us in the real world can't afford these miracle products and gadgets.  Would I like to turn back time....sure, but, that's just not realistic.  Those with extra money can pamper themselves with these products as well as having procedures to fix whatever is needed.  Good for them!!!  

Basically, these manufacturers are telling us we aren't good enough the way we are.  Buy this or that product or device and voila, we'll look so much better.  If only it was that easy!  If they really just want to help everyone, make the products more affordable to all.  Dream on, that would eat into profit margins and that will never happen!!!

Respected Contributor

@Pook @Do you use the SSC Egg on your neck?

Honored Contributor

I didn't notice my skin ageing until I was in my 60's, I have always taken care of my skin and think that's important. That being said, gravity does take it's toll and unless you have plastic surgery no cream, lotion, potion or machine will lift it up again. I think because we use these expensive products, we fool ourselves into thinking we look far younger than we actually do. I know blond Maria looks every bit the age she is, but I think she's beautiful and I doubt if she uses Perricone in her real life. That being said, everyone should use the products and do what makes them feel and look the best they can be.