Honored Contributor

I've never tried a self tanning product before, but this one is tempting me. One question:

How long does it last? TIA! 

Occasional Contributor
I read reviews saying it lasts 5 or 6 days.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @RJK! I don't know about this. I did some research. After you rinse it off quickly with lukewarm water you can go to bed or go about your day. That part is OK. BUT you can't use shower gels or shampoos for 24 hours after. You should wear dark, loose clothing and loose fitting shoes.

Maybe someone who has used it can comment here and let us know if it is truly worth it. It only lasts 5-6 days, and you get 4-6 applications per bottle, so it wouldn't be enough to last more than a month if you wanted to be tan all of the time. 

Still not sure. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

This one is tempting me!  

Respected Contributor

I just ordered it.  I would love to know if anyone has tried it or is going to take the plunge.  Good price for a good amount of tanner and the mitts are great as part of it!

Honored Contributor

There are too many steps and do's  & dont's for me.  I like putting it on an go on with my day.

New Contributor
Beach-mom, you are correct. 24 hours is the stated time before a real shower. But I suspect many apply at night and shower next am.

I think the 4-6 applications are full-body. If you do just arms and legs not sure how many applications... maybe 2 months worth ?
Respected Contributor

@beach-mom

During the presentatiion this morning, the vendor said there were 15 applications per bottle.

Respected Contributor

I use Vita Liberata mousse and really like it so its a pass for me. Can't wait 24 hours or wear loose clothing and shoes so its a no go. 

Frequent Contributor

I use Minetan and have been using it for over a year! I love it and IMO it is one of the best for color and quick drying. You do not have to wear loose clothing for 24 hours. I let it dry for about 20 minutes, and then put on clothes and sleep in it. I prefer a dark rich color so I apply every other night after I shower and exfoliate, then I shower off in the AM. I doubt that the full rich color would last 5 to 6 days, as it does start to fade after a couple of days, and using certain soaps and exfoliants will cause it to fade quicker. I highly recommend at least trying it!