Honored Contributor

Re: Midnight special announcement

I try to avoid "easy pay" whenever possible. It's very easy to get into credit card trouble through the lure of monthly interest-free payments. There's a temptation to over-spend. Maybe l'm old-fashioned, but l always associated the "installment plan" with big-ticket items, like an appliance or piece of jewelry. I don't like the idea of paying off several clothing items at one time, such as tops and shoes. The payments tend to pile up, and get out of control. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Those Easy Pays must be closely managed.

I found out the hard way!  

Well it wasn't hard, I just had to make myself be aware of what was hitting my Q-Card account on which day.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Everything is free!

Lol 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Valued Contributor

Big deal~!

You still have to 'pay in full' for the item .... a special announcement would be half price sale (on all clothing).... please QVC, throw us a bone once in a while.

Honored Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

Big deal~!

You still have to 'pay in full' for the item .... a special announcement would be half price sale (on all clothing).... please QVC, throw us a bone once in a while.

That was always my way of looking at Easy Pays, until a year or so ago.  I only bought computers on Easy Pay.  But somehow that Easy Pay "door" opened for me and I I'm using more than I ever did.  I suppose it's habit forming.  I don't need it, I just do it now.  

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA wrote:

Does anyone know what the big announcement will be tonight at midnight?

On FB today several hosts have mentioned the great news coming (Shawn, Jill and Jane all mentioned this).

Wondering minds....

Many items have free shipping today.   If you have something on your wish list, it may have free shipping today.

I looked around.    I'm always a day late & a dollar short!    No bargains for me today.   And that's not a bad thing.  I've got an auto-delivery coming this week and I purchased the Clark's big deal Sunday.  Or Saturday, whenever it was.    

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Probably that Tuesday is Founders' Day as announced by David several times this afternoon.  Probably something special that they are doing that day.

Founders' Day sounds like a big deal.  I looked today and they only have 29 products highlighted as specials for Founders' Day.  Seems like they're just going through the motions with no real emotion.  It's like waving a worn out flag.