Respected Contributor

I had a very $$$ expensive Fraxel Laser treatment done a year ago. It did nothing for my lines at all, and the discoloration it removed came back in six months.

The before and after of the TSV on the woman's forehead is not medically believable at ALL! 

Buyer beware. I know results are different for all people! 

Honored Contributor

Re: MicrodermMD

[ Edited ]

Fraxel laser?? What does that have to do with microdermabrasion?? 

Microdermabrasion works best for skin that is in bad shape...congested pores and surface dead skin build-up. But if your skin is already in good condition then you probably won't experience much improvement with it.  If anything, it most likely will cause temporary redness and inflammation which can be misinterpreted to show wrinkle reduction.

Respected Contributor

Purchased the tsv years ago from QVC. Faithfully used it per instructions for months. At the very end of the extended trial period I returned it. It not only didn’t improve my skin, but irritated it. 

Snake oil.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Fraxel laser?? What does that have to do with microdermabrasion?? 

Microdermabrasion works best for skin that is in bad shape...congested pores and surface dead skin build-up. But if your skin is already in good condition then you probably won't experience much improvement with it.  If anything, it most likely will cause temporary redness and inflammation which can be misinterpreted to show wrinkle reduction.

Lol....'surface dead skin build up'...you buy right into it! On OTC exfoliant works just fine.

My point about Fraxel Laser is the TSV is being promoted as getting rid of wrinkles! An impossible claim! A Fraxel laser can't even do that!

Honored Contributor

Re: MicrodermMD

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant 

I've had microdermabrasion done on my legs and arms to remove dead skin build-up. It does work and when dead skin is removed then the skin is more easily hydrated by moisturizers that otherwise would not penetrate.

I've also had the patented Hydrafacial done several times. That includes 'microdermabrasion' paired with hydrating serums.

Some people rather not use chemical exfoliants. Microdermabrasion is an alternative.

Yes, I agree about fractional laser treatment. I believe they are a rip-off. Real results from lasers come from CO2 or YAG types, not fractional. I've had several YAG laser treatments for skin tightening...it worked and my results are long lasting.

Respected Contributor

I was interested in the micro-dermabrasion set that's today's(6-25-18) tsv,  but I always try to get an idea about the products by reading the reviews first.  Much to my surprise, there was only 1 review and, although it was a 5 star review, I would prefer more than just one person's opinion.   Is this item so new that only one person submited a review? 

Honored Contributor

Personally, I would prefer a more gentle chemical exfoliant than any grit based or microdermabrasion.  I'm afraid either of those methods would exacerbate broken capillaries.