Respected Contributor

I bought this when it was a TSV a couple years ago and used it religiously and never had the dead skin on the wand like they showed on the presentations. I don't know if I was doing it wrong but finally gave up and tossed it. It just wasn't a pleasant experience at all for me.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I bought this when it was a TSV a couple years ago and used it religiously and never had the dead skin on the wand like they showed on the presentations. I don't know if I was doing it wrong but finally gave up and tossed it. It just wasn't a pleasant experience at all for me.

I bought one as well and sent back

but I just bought some microderm crystals and use those with face wash, that works great 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 I am not ordering one.  Like @jackthebear  Iuse a grainy product or even the old-fashioned wash cloth.  Either works well on my skin.

Honored Contributor

Premium Microdermabrasion Crystals Face Scrub | DIY Spa Micro Dermabrasion Skin Exfoliation with 120 Grit Pure White Aluminum Oxide | Face Exfoliator Minimize Pores, Wrinkles, & Acne Scars - 4ozputting this here in case someone asks from Azm

Honored Contributor

This is what I use every other day.

Bee Stunning DIAMONDBUFF Microderm Exfoliation Tool - At Home Facial Diamond Microdermabrasion for Glowing and Radiant Skin!
Valued Contributor

I found a recipe for a pumpkin enzyme mask. I'm going to try it this weekend. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Microderm MD

[ Edited ]

This is what I use. When in the shower, I put a bit of soap on my face and let it sit there a few minutes while I wash myself elsewhere and then I use this high tech device to gently wipe off the soap, dirt and dead skin cells as I am rinsing with warm water. I usually do this routine twice. This great device works well with bar soap too. It's such an amazing device that my skin is as smooth as silk after I use it and I'm glad to see my skin so hydrated. I always think that my skin has a youthful glow after it's exfoliation...like magic, almost.  There's never any irritation either. It's an amazing product. It even works to remove psoriasis from my earlobes. I moisturize afterwards, but that's a whole other post. E5D93FC1-CBC6-4008-877D-2A60657CDEEE.jpegF65E021E-D488-430C-9077-4CD4A977C0A7.jpeg7965F5B7-442E-4CCD-8DA9-ABE822CB5C1D.jpegMost effective is Rainbath Pomegranate

C1CA5662-B469-4C95-A765-A470CC305847.jpeg

Go ahead and compare my device with yours; no batteries needed.

Regular Contributor
I also bought it 2 years ago. I use it once a month and it is fantastic. I get rid of dead skin and effect lasts for a long time.
Honored Contributor

I prefer fine pumice powder as an exfoliant. Pumice has a Mohs hardness of about 6 compared to 9 for aluminum oxide (corundum) which can tear the skin more easily than pumice or even silica which is 7 on the Mohs scale. Pumice, silica and alum oxide are all used as skin abrasives, some are better for sensitive skin than are the others.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee @Pumice feels pretty irritating when rubbed on my skin. I don't think that all these highly abrasive things are necessary for most people. Of course, there are persons with skin that might need something stronger, but unless I'm rubbing my thick skinned heels, I just don't need anything stronger or more abrasive.