Masterbuilt Chat Today!

[ Edited ]

We're excited to chat with you!

-The Masterbuilt Team

Honored Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Chat Coming Sunday!

Is this to discuss smokers and fryers?  TIA

My husband and I purchased this Masterbuilt smoker last year. My question is how often do you have to check the wood chips for a five or six hour cooking span? On the presentation is presented as put your food in with one little scoop of chips and forget about it but my husband seems to think that he has to check it every two hours or so is this true? I would love to be able to smoke something overnight while I'm sleeping
QVC Community

@chinagirl wrote:
My husband and I purchased this Masterbuilt smoker last year. My question is how often do you have to check the wood chips for a five or six hour cooking span? On the presentation is presented as put your food in with one little scoop of chips and forget about it but my husband seems to think that he has to check it every two hours or so is this true? I would love to be able to smoke something overnight while I'm sleeping

@Hi @chinagirl - thanks for the great question!  The amount of chips you add during the smoking process is a matter of preference.  We recommend adding chips about once per hour during the first couple of hours of a recipe.  If you're doing an overnight smoke, add chips once when you begin, once again 30 minutes into the recipe, and once more at the one hour mark to give the recipe a good boost of smoke before leaving it alone for the night.  Enjoy!

QVC Community

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is this to discuss smokers and fryers?  TIA

Hi @ValuSkr - This particular post is to discuss our TSV Smoker, but we would be happy to answer any questions you have about our other products.  Thanks!

New Contributor

This will probably seem like a stupid question but here goes.  Masterbuilt is always talking about smoked hams.  But, when you buy a ham it's already cooked.  If you put a cooked ham into the smoker won't it ruin the ham?

If you can buy a non-cooked ham, where would you buy it?

IS THE MASTER SMOKER WATERPROOF SAY LETTING IT GET RAINED ON EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE

Highlighted

How can we keep the meat from drying out?

Super Contributor

i want to know why all 3 cookbooks arent available?

all you do is order reprint.

Occasional Visitor

I purchased the Masterbuilt smoker from QVC last May, my digital unit is in the back area on top of the smoker. The keyboard gets screwed down to top. My unit will only work when the keyboard is not screwed down to unit I don't know if there is a wiring issue any suggestions?