Respected Contributor

Re: Martha TSV Tent,,,,I mean shirt

@pupwhipped  I promise I wasn’t plagiarizing when I said something was off with this top, LOL. I just noticed your comment and see that we had the exact same thought.

Respected Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

It looks like a maternity top.

That seems to be the most popular comment, but I wouldn't like a maternity top that was shorter in the front like that.  This top is just an awful design, along with looking like a laundering nightmare!  I can only imagine how bad those wrinkles would be!

Honored Contributor

I think Gabrielle styled it nicely and looked really cute in the shirt....you do have to work with it to get it right and I don’t think it would look great if you have a larger chest as does Martha.

Honored Contributor

My first reacton when I saw it last night .... looked like a maternity top from the 1960s.

Frequent Contributor

I bought two tents, a medium chambray and a white poplin.  Circus or camping?  Peanuts or S'mores?  Anyway, I am looking forward to receiving my Martha shirts.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I think a larger chest is exactly what this top does not need -- that would only push out the material even more, and raise it up even higher.  It wouldn't even look like a hi/lo top anymore, it would just look like your larger chest is bringing the top higher.  I always have to make sure I don't wear tops like this. 

I like Martha's fashion offerings on QVC very much.  Typically, she has great style.  Plus, the quality of her clothes here is fantastic!  But this TSV is a big No; I think it's very unflattering across all body types I've seen thus far. 

New Contributor

All these years of watching Martha on TV on any of her shows I have never said oh that top/jacket/pant Martha has on is so pretty, I wish I knew where she bought it. Why does she have a fashion line?  She could sell a bunch of things I would buy, but her clothing is not one of them.

Respected Contributor

wow, tough crowd on this one.  i don't think that the target audience for this top, is a toned body. 

when i see it, i see a non clingy top, that hides my problem area.  looks cool and comfortable. would be cute with capri's and sandals. 

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@pupwhipped  I promise I wasn’t plagiarizing when I said something was off with this top, LOL. I just noticed your comment and see that we had the exact same thought.

Ah, @tucsongal, sweet of you to say but no way I would ever think of plagiarizing anyway. I would just say that great minds (yours/mine) think alike. Ha!!! 

Honored Contributor

@hetty wrote:

I bought two tents, a medium chambray and a white poplin.  Circus or camping?  Peanuts or S'mores?  Anyway, I am looking forward to receiving my Martha shirts.  Smiley Wink

I ordered the olive and medium chambray. I'm anxious to get them and start wearing them. Those of us who like them will order them and those that don't will pass.