Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart's Embroidered Jeans TSV - Review

@Topaz Gem YAAAAY! So glad that you too are enjoying the jeans. They feel so good on the body, and the designs are terrific! Unique. Heart

Trusted Contributor

I finally received my jeans in the light clematis (it takes FOREVER to get anything to California), and I like them. I followed the size chart, but the legs are tight, a problem I've never had before. I ordered my normal size 2 but may try the size 4 if I purchase her jeans again. The waist is fine, but the legs are tight in the thighs and calves. The embroidery is beautiful, especially for the price. My legs look more muscular in these jeans than I thought they were, although I've been running a bit more lately. Woman Very Happy They aren't uncomfortable, but they're not super comfortable. They're flattering, though, and I look forward to wearing them with some gold Isaac wedges and a white shirt. 

It sounds like there may be some sizing issues with this TSV, maybe due to quantities ordered. Someone in the reviews who is the same height and weight as me and ordered the same size said that the butt and legs are baggy. Woman Frustrated I know that we could have different body types, but that still seems odd to me since the jeans are very tight on me. If there were any left, I would exchange these for the next size up. 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi Sounds like you are putting those leg muscles to work! ha! The light Clematis fit me perfectly and I am sorry they are a little tight on you. 

Are you going to keep them or return? You have 30 days to think about it, so no rush.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler LOL! I'm going to keep them. Jeans often loosen up a little bit after wearing, so I'll just see how they feel. I don't have to sit down! Woman LOL They aren't THAT tight, just kidding! 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

I finally received my jeans in the light clematis (it takes FOREVER to get anything to California), and I like them. I followed the size chart, but the legs are tight, a problem I've never had before. I ordered my normal size 2 but may try the size 4 if I purchase her jeans again. The waist is fine, but the legs are tight in the thighs and calves. The embroidery is beautiful, especially for the price. My legs look more muscular in these jeans than I thought they were, although I've been running a bit more lately. Woman Very Happy They aren't uncomfortable, but they're not super comfortable. They're flattering, though, and I look forward to wearing them with some gold Isaac wedges and a white shirt. 

It sounds like there may be some sizing issues with this TSV, maybe due to quantities ordered. Someone in the reviews who is the same height and weight as me and ordered the same size said that the butt and legs are baggy. Woman Frustrated I know that we could have different body types, but that still seems odd to me since the jeans are very tight on me. If there were any left, I would exchange these for the next size up. 

@pinkmochi - I also purchased the clematis and ordered 2 sizes since I wasn't sure about fit. The smaller size 6 was a better fit for me, so I have returned the size 8 - it's en route.  Give it another week - you will probably luck out with a return in size 4. The initial returns will just be getting back to Q this week.  

Isn't the embroidery beautiful?!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I got the wisteria and love them.  Lighter denim, soft and perfect fit.  Thought these were ankle length, but mine come down full length.  I did go up a size as the models looked like stuffed sausages to me when presented.

Just noticed my waitlist order (clematis) just got processed, so hopefully I'll receive them this week!

I also received two of her shirts and love them.  MS has become my new fave!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme Me too! She is a new favorite of mine.

The wisteria was lovely. I think it was a little too much embroidery for me, but loved it on the models.

I have the Clematis and think you would love that too.

My peacock jean is getting rave reviews by everyone. Not a problem teaming it up with any number of colored tops!

I do have one of her T-Shirts, the Classics V-Neck Short Sleeve ($29 when I purchased it). It feels really good, but does show wrinkles a little. Got it in the Peach Whip. Pretty sure I will only wear it around the house or over to friends, but not to work, because of the slight wrinkles, even though I tumble dried it. I'm not into ironing anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

I also wanted the peacock but last I looked it wasn't available!  Hopefully, more will come in, even if on as is if need be!

Got the blouse the buttons on the back - love it - wore if right out of the pkg!  Also ordered the white shirt which will need a lot of ironing, unless I can figure out how to use the steam setting on my dryer - not into ironing in the hot weather!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl @World Traveler I wore the jeans with the clematis embroidery to dinner last week with gold Isaac wedges and a white button-down shirt. I thought that they might be too tight, but I ate sushi until I was full and was comfortable the whole night! Woman Tongue These jeans look great and move well. I think I should stick with this size instead of going up. I also like that the waist is a little higher to hold everything in. I may be a size 2, but (Amy has said something like this before) I'm a mom in my 40's, so it's not like everything is flat. The high waist made me feel more confident. Definitely going to order more of her pants in the future. 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl@ @World Traveler I wore the jeans with the clematis embroidery to dinner last week with gold Isaac wedges and a white button-down shirt. I thought that they might be too tight, but I ate sushi until I was full and was comfortable the whole night! Woman Tongue These jeans look great and move well. I think I should stick with this size instead of going up. I also like that the waist is a little higher to hold everything in. I may be a size 2, but (Amy has said something like this before) I'm a mom in my 40's, so it's not like everything is flat. The high waist made me feel more confident. Definitely going to order more of her pants in the future. 

@pinkmochi - I too love these jeans in the clematis option. They will look great in the Fall with sweaters& tucked into boots

I'm looking for a new white or cream colored pullover sweater. Something like these

madewell-white-easy-cable-pullover-sweater-product-1-25612818-1-423306488-normal.jpeg

1515375469637635978.JPG

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri