Honored Contributor

Martha Stewart's Embroidered Jeans TSV - Review

I just received two TSV's of Martha's jeans (A309514). I ordered the White Wash Clematis and the Medium Wash Peacock.

I am thrilled with the fit; just right for me. And the embroidery is so well done. The quality all around is great. The jeans are very comfortable, just like I have found with another pair I got of hers sometime ago. 

I ordered it true to size for me and I have no complaints about how the style looks on me.  I look forward to finding places to show these jeans off! And best of all, the price was very reasonable.

Hope other people who ordered the TSV receive theirs soon and are equally happy! Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart's Embroidered Jeans TSV - Review

@World Traveler.  Now you'll have to plan a trip just so you can show off your new pants.  I wish mine would come;   they're tantalizingly close and need to get delivered.  I'm glad to hear youre pleased because i ordered 3 pair.  At that price, why not?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@World Traveler

So glad to here !

Thank you for your review 

I am waiting for the peacock 

Occasional Contributor

I didn't order because I had too many unanswered questions.  Can you answer some of them?

When you say they fit, what is the spandex/elastane like?  Is it like DG2's 4 way stretch?

Are these jeans with no give in the waist?  Jeans with so much spandex that after they get warm you can shimmy out of them without unbuttoning them?  Or somewhere in between?  How much waist give is there?

Is the embroidery itchy?

Are the front pockets deep enough to be useful?  Is the denim heavy or more summer weight?

Honored Contributor

@badbadshopper 

You might consider reading the reviews, concerning sizing and so on. Personally wouldn't buy anything from MS for reasons won't go into here. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@badbadshopper wrote:

I didn't order because I had too many unanswered questions.  Can you answer some of them?

When you say they fit, what is the spandex/elastane like?  Is it like DG2's 4 way stretch?

Are these jeans with no give in the waist?  Jeans with so much spandex that after they get warm you can shimmy out of them without unbuttoning them?  Or somewhere in between?  How much waist give is there?

Is the embroidery itchy?

Are the front pockets deep enough to be useful?  Is the denim heavy or more summer weight?

The jeans have a little give in the waist--not much.  I like these, but I really prefer and love her pull on jeans!  They have more stretch. 

The T. S. is nice though.  There is not a lot of spandex in these--meaning there is not too much.   I don't think they will stretch out.  I don't find them as stretchy as DG2.  Hers fall off of me as they are too stretchy and oversized.  

HTH's.  

Try these jeans as you may love them.  If you want a lot of stretch, though, in the waist, these are not the ones.  They have some stretch-not a great deal of stretch!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@badbadshopper wrote:

Is the embroidery itchy?

The jeans have a little give in the waist--not much.  I like these, but I really prefer and love her pull on jeans!  They have more stretch. 

The T. S. is nice though.  There is not a lot of spandex in these--meaning there is not too much.   I don't think they will stretch out.  I don't find them as stretchy as DG2.  Hers fall off of me as they are too stretchy and oversized.  

HTH's.  

Try these jeans as you may love them.  If you want a lot of stretch, though, in the waist, these are not the ones.  They have some stretch-not a great deal of stretch!

@winamac1

Just wanted to say how nice it was of you to respond to her questions!  Very helpful, I am sure to her. 

The questions @badbadshopper is wondering about are never going to be addressed in a presentation.  They are quite specific to her needs.

It is great to have helpful people on the forums!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Exactly what I was thinking.....where in the world can I go with these great jeans!  Any excuse to get on a plane and go someplace is fine with me. Heart

You are right, at that price, why not? I thought about the wisteria, but for me it was just a little too much embroidery, but they were sure pretty.

Which ones did you get?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@badbadshopper wrote:

Is the embroidery itchy?

@badbadshopper

1. Fit - the elastane gives me just enough "give." I can sit, squat, etc., and it is comfortable to do so, and the shape goes back to before I do those activities.

2. Four-way stretch - haven't really thought about whether it is one-way, two-way, etc.  I just went in the closest to check, and I can pull them all directions and they give, but go back to their original shape. It's not a big stretch, just enough to allow for me to feel comfortable if I overeat! LOL!

3. Give in the waist - yes, I found there to be "give" in the waist. It appears to be the same amount of give as in the rest of the jeans, but firm enough so I don't worry about it stretching out and having to wear suspenders some day! LOL! 

4. Embroidery itchy - I haven't worn them out anywhere, just tried them on to be sure they were true to size, and they were. I ran my hand/arm inside to feel the embroidery, and the feel is not itchy to me. I guess it depends upon how sensitive your skin is. I do know this....the fact that the embroidery was sewn INTO the material, as opposed to being sewn ONTO the material (like some of my Quacker Factory pieces), makes it nicer, softer, and not heavy to the feel, if that makes sense how I worded it.

5. Pocket depth - the back pockets are 5" in depth; the front pockets are 3-1/2" in depth. I would prefer just a little bit more depth in the front; however, I always carry a wallet/purse, so really the only thing I usually put in pant pockets are my keys or Kleenix. One of her prior Martha Stewart jeans I got (A307750) has front pockets that are only 2-1/4" deep, but I love them so much, that I don't care. But that really is shallow for my preference. The 3-1/2" is okay for my needs.

6. Denim weight - to me the denim is light and smooth, even with the embroidery on them. I  will have no problem wearing this jean in the summer. Regular denim jeans that used to be made years ago (maybe they still are) were too heavy for me to wear in the summer. I only wore those when I was riding horses or going to hike where there were tall and thorny bushes I would encounter. These will be light enough to pack or wear on the plane.

Hope this answers all your questions!

Honored Contributor

I should add.....there were some posts about the jeans looking too tight on some of the models. The two I purchased, which were true to size for me, do not look tight on me. They are form-fitting, but do not look too tight. They do not look like I am poured into them, nor do I look uncomfortable in them. 

Very, very happy with yet another of Martha's products!