Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart fashion TSV 9/24

@Nancy Drew wrote:
Spoiler

Pretty colors, good price. But. 5” 1 115 pounds this is too much fabric for me. That and I am not a fan of this vendor. She said Pumpkin Spice is for basic withes with a b. I found that snobbish.

Love Martha.  I also love her line.  I think this is pretty--esp. in the pink.  I'm not buying as I just don't know how often I'd wear it.  It's lovely though!

Her jeans are the best--especially the pull-on type!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

The pink would be my choice, too, @winamac1.  Martha has a distinct color "way" about her things.

Do not need but it is attractive.  I considered it, but I have two other ponchos, a ruana, and two open-weave shawls, all from QVC.  (BD, Aran, Lizden).  

Cogito ergo sum
Contributor

I just simply have no use for Martha Stewart. Now she is a clothing designer too?   Profit profit profit.....money money money........  jail jail jail.....why do people support her?  

Honored Contributor

I like the fabric content, has cotton and some other,

I have one wool cape that I loved but even after storage it got a hole,   which is why I am not buying anymore of them

nice colors and the price is not crazy 

Frequent Contributor

I like the idea of this, but I think on me it would look sloppy. It would be perfect for our Georgia weather though. And the colors are nice. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased that green/grey color — gorgeous!  The way I wear ruanas I will use this as my fall and early winter cover-up/jacket to work.  Then when it gets really cold, it’ll be a fabulous look wearing it over my dark grey dress coat.

I’m really loving Martha’s line so far.  I have several pieces and everything is quality, and wash to wear is like new. 

Honored Contributor

I love ruanas .... first started wearing them back in the 80s when I was still living in SF Bay Area and a saw a Butterick pattern in their catalog ...  various capes and ruanas included.  I can't even recall how many I made over the years.  Mine are a bit longer than the TSV ... a bit more "dramatic."   I'm still using the same pattern!

All it takes is a few yards of fabric.  I usually buy a menswear suiting fabric and it's wide enough so that there are no seams.

Respected Contributor

I love ruanas and have many.  I ordered the pink (along with the pink shirt) and the chianti. I usually style mine with a pin/brooch to keep the wrap in place.

Ebates is offering a 10% rebate which more than covers the shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mistic:  The two different fabric pieces are bonded together because the ruana is reversible. This is why there are no visible seams. Hope this answers your question. Smiley Happy

Contributor

I will not buy her products.

Just now caught a replay of her show on Q2 with Jen and she made an off-color comment pretending not to know the name of ther tie neck blouse and referencing the First Lady.  Part of why I watch QVC is to avoid anything offensive, and I don't appreciate her making a joke like that.

She also talked about when she "used to be wealthy." Pretty sure she's still wealthy by any standard.