Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart fashion TSV 9/24

@World Traveler wrote:

@sweetkelly wrote:

I just simply have no use for Martha Stewart. Now she is a clothing designer too?   Profit profit profit.....money money money........  jail jail jail.....why do people support her?  

@sweetkelly People support her because she is human, just like you. She makes mistakes, just like you, and she picks herself right up again, and marches forward without looking back. I hope you do too. Heart

People support her because she is very picky about what she puts her name on; therefore, if the product is something we want or need, we know it won't fall apart on us.

People support her because she is a woman who has attained a lot in her business line and we admire her tenacity in a world where men have dominated.

People support her because she is down to earth. She doesn't come across to most of us has being uppity. She really does like simple things, similar to many of us.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Holding a grudge against someone for a mistake they made years ago doesn't hurt or affect them in the least; but it does affect the person who holds the grudge.

By the way, what is wrong with making a profit? She has to make a living too. All of the vendors on QVC are interested in making a profit. That is not a bad thing; it is part of the American dream. Heart

But thank you for your opinion, as you have a right to express what you feel. 

@World Traveler  I am 100% agreeing with everything that you said.  

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@TSVornotTSV...............Im sure not defending Martha at all, I dont care for her but I thought off color jokes meant s*xual in nature.  She made a s*xual joke about the 1st lady, and a blouse with a tie?

@Imaoldhippie.  The First Lady wore a blouse with a big bow towards the collar. I saw her on th news with it. I don't think it was a joke. 

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler, wish I could give you 1,000 ♥️.

Trusted Contributor

I love Martha.  Always have.  Her clothes are well-made, as are her other products.  She never should have gone to jail -  lots of others never had to for the same "offense."  In a way, I buy more now to support her because she was unfairly singled out.  I saw her earlier this year in person at a demo, and she was great.  Brought Snoop with her, too.

Respected Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

I think it's very pretty and looks great on Martha.  For me, it's way too much fabric that would be flopping around.  Plus, it would fall apart whenever I move my arms!  As someone else said, I would be fussing with it too much.

@mnmom  I have had ruanas and yes you are correct with your concerns.  Then you have to figure how to wear a shoulder bag!

Honored Contributor

My ruana arrived yesterday, in the green/grey color.  It's beautiful and feels just as described, like substantial, expensive cashmere.  I am thrilled with it!

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

My ruana arrived yesterday, in the green/grey color.  It's beautiful and feels just as described, like substantial, expensive cashmere.  I am thrilled with it!

Mine came today.  Just beautiful.  Wish i picked up a few for gifts 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My two ruanas came today--one in the cream/brown combination and one in the blue/red combination.  I have never had this type of clothing before but love the weight and feel of these and will use them a lot.  I'm a baby boomer so I'm not one of the younger generation yet I loved the style and the various ways it can be worn.

Trusted Contributor

Wore mine for the first time last night.  LOVE !!  Wish i picked up another for me and a few for gifts.