Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart fashion TSV 9/24

@TSVornotTSV...............Im sure not defending Martha at all, I dont care for her but I thought off color jokes meant s*xual in nature.  She made a s*xual joke about the 1st lady, and a blouse with a tie?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'I like it', and the price is right.

Seems to be very well-made.

I'm leaning toward the Chianti/Navy, although all of the color choices are very nice.

Martha reminds me of myself.

I, too, machine wash on gentle/cold.  And, I, too, use a drying rack.  First lay a towel down on the drying rack top dowls and place my items on the towel to dry.

We have a lot in common.  Martha seems to be very careful regarding garments, folding, etc., etc.  She leans toward keeping items nice for a long, long time.

She was probably raised by a somewhat frugal/thrifty mother.  Of course, I don't know for sure.  (I do know that I was. ''Take good care of our things', etc., etc.)....It was (and still is) a good thing.......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@sweetkelly wrote:

I just simply have no use for Martha Stewart. Now she is a clothing designer too?   Profit profit profit.....money money money........  jail jail jail.....why do people support her?  

@sweetkelly People support her because she is human, just like you. She makes mistakes, just like you, and she picks herself right up again, and marches forward without looking back. I hope you do too. Heart

People support her because she is very picky about what she puts her name on; therefore, if the product is something we want or need, we know it won't fall apart on us.

People support her because she is a woman who has attained a lot in her business line and we admire her tenacity in a world where men have dominated.

People support her because she is down to earth. She doesn't come across to most of us has being uppity. She really does like simple things, similar to many of us.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Holding a grudge against someone for a mistake they made years ago doesn't hurt or affect them in the least; but it does affect the person who holds the grudge.

By the way, what is wrong with making a profit? She has to make a living too. All of the vendors on QVC are interested in making a profit. That is not a bad thing; it is part of the American dream. Heart

But thank you for your opinion, as you have a right to express what you feel. 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@sweetkelly wrote:

I just simply have no use for Martha Stewart. Now she is a clothing designer too?   Profit profit profit.....money money money........  jail jail jail.....why do people support her?  

@sweetkelly 

People support her because she is human, just like you. She makes mistakes, just like you, and she picks herself right up again, and marches forward without looking back. I hope you do too. Heart

People support her because she is very picky about what she puts her name on; therefore, if the product is something we want or need, we know it won't fall apart on us.

People support her because she is a woman who has attained a lot in her business line and we admire her tenacity in a world where men have dominated.

People support her because she is down to earth. She doesn't come across to most of us has being uppity. She really does like simple things, similar to many of us.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Holding a grudge against someone for a mistake they made years ago doesn't hurt or affect them in the least; but it does affect the person who holds the grudge.

By the way, what is wrong with making a profit? She has to make a living too. All of the vendors on QVC are interested in making a profit. That is not a bad thing; it is part of the American dream. Heart

But thank you for your opinion, as you have a right to express what you feel. 

@World Traveler  

Heart Very well stated. Heart Thank You. Heart

Honored Contributor

Unlike a lot of people, Martha went to jail and did her time and paid the price for her mistake.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm just not feeling that I could use a ruana.  I bought a poncho last year and never wore it.  I prefer fitted jackets and sweaters   

Respected Contributor

I couldn’t login all day yesterday, but this was wayyy too long for anyone under 5’5.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mistic

They are not bonded together.  Martha made mention last night on PM Style that she didn't know how they did it but they were not bonded together.   I didn't end up ordering one even though I was tempted.  The price is/was amazing and the color combos gorgeous.  I had my eye on the Hostas Green/Gray but I am already on waitlist for the Barefoot Dreams Ruana that is on waitlist.   I really wanted the blouse on Amy's show from Martha in the same color as the Hastas Green/Gray but it sold out too fast in my size so I just passed.   I am afraid to see my AMEX bill this month.   I need to stop buying/

Esteemed Contributor

@sweetkelly

What a terrible remark to make about her.  You don't have to like her - that's your prerogative but to reference "jail, jail, jail" was just out of bounds.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat There's a BD ruana? I missed that show. Hmmmm........really do love BD. Probably much thicker than Martha's, so I will need to think about when/where I feel I would use it most and then go from there.

Thanks for mentioning that. Heart