Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Even with the neoprene "stretch" back of these tall boots, there is very little difference between the wde and the average shaft width on the TSV boot. Disappointing.

Too bad; it's a nice looking boot at a fair price and s/h included for those of use who require a wide foot and wide calf tall boot. Pass for me.

@queendiva, there is a 2" calf circumference difference between the regular and the wide. 

I don't think the boot itself is wide width.  From the description on-line, the boot is a medium width but with a wide calf choice.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva: Yes, the difference in shaft width is two inches. Unfortunately, 16 inches does not work for me. I guess I need an extra wide shaft width for these calves!

Both shaft widths were available at midnight with medium and wide foot widths. I'm sure many have sold out as they were going fast at the initial presentation.

No problem- not every item is for everyone. I do have two pairs of tall black boots- one suede, the other leather- that both fit me well- wide foot and wide calf- so I'm good to go.

Highlighted
Contributor

These boots are a total joke in "wide calf".

If you check the measurements, the size 7.5 in the wide calf measure 14 3/4 inches in circumference.  Maybe if you wear a size 11 shoe you get an extra inch in the calf area.  So NOT wide calf.

QVC leaves out a huge segment of the population by refusing or being unable to offer REAL wide calf boots that fit a shoe size 7.5 and a circumference of 18 inches not the paltry 14 3/4 inch they offer.

I don't even watch their boot presentations because they will never offer anything I can wear.

WG

Respected Contributor

I don't own any tall boots....these look really comfy and beautiful in the black suede...I just wonder how comfortable they are in the footbed.  

I have gone down the aisles of DSW trying on lot's of boots and they are too pointed in the toe area...super hard footbed...too tall boot shaft...stiff...hard...well, you get what I am saying.  I kinda gave up on boots....still on the fence on this one....tempted as they look comfy and pretty.

Respected Contributor

Narrow foot, skinny ankles and wider calfs.  Buying shoes is a nightmare for me but boots are really difficult.  If I get a wide shaft, from the ankle and up about three inches the boots are huge. I really need to try them on.  For that reason, I try or have to stay with a mid shaft boot.  Unless you have skinny legs, I think tall boots don't fit all that great.

Respected Contributor
I’m plus size and do not have skinny legs and think I look smashing in tall boots. I have 3 pairs of IML wide calf boots that I love. I bought a pair of the TSV to try. I don’t mind so much returning them since the shipping is free one way.

I can see how the colors and broad choice of sizes would be a draw. If you can find wide width boots at retail, you can usually choose between the black ones and the black ones. Occasionally, there might be a pair of brown.
Honored Contributor

@WinterGirl wrote:

These boots are a total joke in "wide calf".

If you check the measurements, the size 7.5 in the wide calf measure 14 3/4 inches in circumference.  Maybe if you wear a size 11 shoe you get an extra inch in the calf area.  So NOT wide calf.

QVC leaves out a huge segment of the population by refusing or being unable to offer REAL wide calf boots that fit a shoe size 7.5 and a circumference of 18 inches not the paltry 14 3/4 inch they offer.

I don't even watch their boot presentations because they will never offer anything I can wear.

WG

@WinterGirl, I don't know what you are looking at.  The wide calf boot had a calf circumference of 16".  The regular calf boot had a circumference of 14".   That is according to the description on .com.

I don't see where they break this all down per size.  I don't think the calf circumference changes as the boot size changes.   

Honored Contributor

The part I liked the most about this boot was the heel height.  As some of the poster mentioned, many riding boots have a flatter profile with a much lower heel. 

I own several riding-style boots, some with low heels and some with higher block heels. I have taken a couple of my riding boots, with the lower heels, to my cobbler and had him change the heel to a higher block heel. This makes them more comfortable to wear as well.

Super Contributor

Just rec'd my order (black leather and taupe) in the 10w / wide calf...the fit is perfect and I'm very thanful for the goring...LOVE THEM! 

Contributor
I bought the Marc Fisher TSV in the brown leather and they are going back. I don't have a skinny calf but they aren't heavy either but to be safe, I got the wide. Oh, they were tight and felt like the blood flow to my legs was being cut off. I have no idea how thin the models legs must be to have gaps in the boot but I really think they are not sized properly. I have the Marc Fisher Damsel boot in regular calf and they are perfectly fine and even have a gap. No idea how they sized this boot. I was actually trying to stretch the back with my fingers while wearing to stop my feet from going numb. They are going back!