Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

price is average for what you might find at dept store on sale, but I think the value is on the selection in color and the size and width range

I wear an average width in both, so for me I can go to the "marketplace" and find a better price 

People are enticed by the wides and the easy pays.  That's not an enticement for me.  I could not care less about easy pays, and I don't, as mentioned, want wides.

I do not think it's easy to find this style in brick and mortar.  Again, this year...as in the past 3 or 4 years...it's almost all riding boots that have almost no heel at all.  I have looked for a pair similar to these and can't find.  I may cave, but I'm not sure due to the price being ridiculous for a TSV probably made in China.  If they were $99, I'd get for sure.  

see my bolded response above  I agree, ezp  never a driver for me.  but it must be a for a big part of the audience.  

Honored Contributor

I love everything about this boot except the heel.  That in between heel is awkard to me and clunky.  Not a riding boot, not a dressy heel boot.  I was going through my closet last night looking at what I need.  I really need a higher heeled tall boot but I'm looking for a wedge.  I don't own a tall shaft riding boot and really don't want one.  I have 2 pair of mid-shaft and I'm good with those.   

Back to looking for me. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Marc Fisher TSV Nov. 2?

[ Edited ]

I love the TSV boots! I don't think I need them, so I probably won't order. I must say the burgundy and taupe are tempting me.

I agree that the price isn't all that special. I got a very similar pair of Marc Fisher boots from Macy's recently. It is called the Lacole Block Heel Tall Boots. It retails for $149 but I got it during a One Day Sale for $90.

Edited to remove retail link.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

I do not think it's easy to find this style in brick and mortar.  Again, this year...as in the past 3 or 4 years...it's almost all riding boots that have almost no heel at all.  I have looked for a pair similar to these and can't find.  I may cave, but I'm not sure due to the price being ridiculous for a TSV probably made in China.  If they were $99, I'd get for sure.  

Winamac, I had a really hard time finding simple tall suede boots. They were either over the knee or had a bunch of embellishments I didn't like.

I prefer the suede to leather in a stretchy boot like this. Marc Fisher suede is very nice!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

Winamac, I had a really hard time finding simple tall suede boots. They were either over the knee or had a bunch of embellishments I didn't like.

I prefer the suede to leather in a stretchy boot like this. Marc Fisher suede is very nice!

Hi JJ's mom.  I agree--so hard to find simple tall boots.  I love the heel, but I'd like maybe .5 inches higher, but that's not enough to deter me.  The boots out in b and mortar are wedges (been there/done that) or super high or riding.  I'm having a hard time finding 2.5 inches.  This may be it, LOL.  I haven't even checked the heel height.  I'm still considering.  I think you are right--the suede look nicer!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Wow, more boots.  I live in Florida.  Just what I am looking for.  Bummer.  Tomorrow will be a better TSV

Respected Contributor
If the entire back wasn't stretch, I would have considered a pair in the wine color. Love the color and the heel not being high. To me, not being suede all the way around is cheap looking.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like tall boots because I am 5'1" . They just don't look good on me.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I agree.  Many of the boots now are over the knee which I'm just not interested in.  I'm also not interested in embellished boots.

Esteemed Contributor

Even with the neoprene "stretch" back of these tall boots, there is very little difference between the wde and the average shaft width on the TSV boot. Disappointing.

Too bad; it's a nice looking boot at a fair price and s/h included for those of use who require a wide foot and wide calf tall boot. Pass for me.