Trusted Contributor

Re: Mama Mancini's Meatballs TSV 12/8

@ScarletDove wrote:

FYI Re: Mancini's Meatball TSV:  At the webpage for this TSV, "...Several people including me want to know [asked the question] why high sodium content. Beef has 920mg in 10oz serving; Turkey has 720mg in 10oz serving. The Am Heart Assn recommends no more than 2300mg/day, moving toward an ideal limit of no more than 1500mg/day for most adults. These Mancini meatballs are extremely high for just one meal daily....WHY?? Many people do not have access to nutritional info and not aware until product received. When QVC host gives calorie content of a product, why not other nutritional values as important as calories?? We need answers to these questions! And I request that other nutrition info such as sodium, fat, cholesterol, carbs, protein and sugar content be provided [by host] where relevant...!"

PS: None of the high sodium questions answered by either QVC or Mancini as of this comment!

I agree.  I don't see why they can't show the nutritional info about every food product they peddle.  They could, of course, do this, but I doubt they ever will because once potential customers saw the info the sale would be lost.  It should be available for all to see on the screen.

Super Contributor

What is so hard about making meatballs?  $50 for 5 lbs?, ridiculous!  Also, I would not want to order food items thru QVC with how long it takes to get items (I don't care if it's free).

Esteemed Contributor

They sell them at my local grocery store. I think they are better than the frozen pre-made meatballs. I would buy them again. 

Frequent Contributor

I purchased these twice from Sams Club for about 1/4 of the price. I read bad reviews on Sams Club's website but my husband and I had them in sandwiches and thought they were ok. They definitely aren't homemade meatballs but they are better than some of the frozen ones I have tried.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased Mama Mancini's at Sam's for a cost much less than QVC.  Glad I purchased them at a lower price because my household just did not care for them at all.  The sauce that a horrible tart taste.  Even kids who love meatballs didn't care for the taste of these meatballs.

Esteemed Contributor

Canceled my order.

Regular Contributor

My order arrived a few days ago. I cooked two packages fr...

My order arrived a few days ago. I cooked two packages from frozen in a pot on the stove, then my kids cut the meatballs in half, put them on a sandwich roll, added shredded mozarella cheese, topped them with some sauce, and then heated the completed sandwiches in the microwave (to melt the shredded cheese). Everyone loved them. No complaints from my picky eaters.