Respected Contributor

Are they cruelty-free?

Contributor

I'd like to know, too. I can't find the answer nor can I find where they are made. In my opinion, QVC hides info that we should be told.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Are they cruelty-free?

Found on line about Mally's Policy:
1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals? No

2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test? No

3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals? No

4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals? No

5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they? No

6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country? No

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Are they cruelty-free?

Found on line about Mally's Policy:
1. Does your company test ingredients or/and finished products on animals? No

2. Do you test ingredients or products on animals through a 3rd party? If your answer is no, how do you ensure that your manufacturers do not test? No

3. Do your manufacturers test ingredients or products on animals? No

4. Are you owned or affiliated with any companies that test products or ingredients on animals? No

5. Do you have a parent company? If so who are they? No

6. Do you/your parent company currently or have plans to market and sell your products in the Chinese market, which requires animal testing by law to sell in that country? No

Mallygirl was acquired by Beauty Visions, LLC, in June of 2015, after it filed for involuntary bankruptcy. I would consider it to be a parent company.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: Mally's shadow sticks

[ Edited ]

When you search, all the cruelty free websites(leaping bunny, cruelty free international, and cruelty freekitty) say either they have no information or they do not believe they are cruelty free at this time.

And if made in China, I think companies there do test on animals? Isn't that true?

And their website info, was that before it was bought out? It may not be updated.

I agree that with some it is very difficult to find updated info.

I love Mally products but haven't bought any since she sold her company.

I think if a company is not listed on any cruelty free websites, (which would be a great selling point!), then they are not! They can say they are but if their parent company or company that bought them out is not,or if made and or sold in China then really they are not.

A drug store product totally cruelty free is Flower by Drew Barrymore.

I don't like all of hers but its a start.

And far cheaper than what you can buy on QVC. (sorry QVC but you know its true). 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I would never buy any of Mally's products again. I purchased her lip crayon collection and they were horrible. The reviews are so low, they will not be able to get rid of them. Her products are made in China, and since she sold the company, the quality is lacking. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay, I looked at the Leaping Bunny website to check for Mally and they aren't listed.  But neither is Flower Beauty leaping bunny certified.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@on the bay, I looked at the Leaping Bunny website to check for Mally and they aren't listed.  But neither is Flower Beauty leaping bunny certified.

I looked too and with others, Leaping Bunny is not the website it used to be. I do believe Flower is cruelty free. that is why she started her makeup and it is produced in other countries but not China. Leapng bunny says no information for many companies. 

But if you go to the cruelty free kitty website and can maneuver around their confusing website-Flower is listed as cruelty free and backed by leaping bunny! I think the leaping bunny website is having problems with updating anything.You have ot go to their links and not use the search bar, same as leaping bunny.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It is leaping bunny certified-their website is not updated or working . You will see it leaping bunny certified on the cruelty free kitty website.

Anyway, another example of why it is hard to find out if companies are cruelty free!

Honored Contributor

I thought Mally sold (bankruptcy) her company a few years ago.  I bought a lot of her items years ago and really liked them.  I am taking a chance on this TSV.  I liked her "old" shadow sticks  so hope they are just as good now.