Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

I don't believe the fact the models had primer under the makeup was even mentioned until the primer presentation.  Thought that should have been said when the models were being made up in the Today;s Special   It would be nice if the ladies were made up from their untouched  skin,  step by step like Andrienne does on HSN  and possibly on the Skinn presentations at Evine.

For those who use primer:  Does it make a noticable difference under  your makeup and can you really use it instead of makeup and look natural but get some coverage?  Since I'm not a big makeup fan, the color never seems right, would you recommend I try a primer instead?

My thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

With powder foundation for me at least primer makes a big difference in how the powder applies and stays put. Primer IMO gives no coverage, but does make your skin look and feel smoother.

Respected Contributor

I don't get that. I see plenty of women way darker than the "rich" color (hello, First Lady.) Could she wear the darkest color? I think she'd need one at least a shade deeper. What's the problem with making dark foundations? We all come in all sorts of colors. 

Contributor

I believe a caller brought up primer and that is when Mally admitted all the models had primer on before the demos. Also Mally said models only had brows on to start, but you could clearly see they had lip color already. Also some looked like they already had some mascara on when she started applying the mascara.

Also, I never heard any mention of SPF for the foundation or if the mascara was waterproof.

Honored Contributor

@GypsyKarma wrote:

I believe a caller brought up primer and that is when Mally admitted all the models had primer on before the demos. Also Mally said models only had brows on to start, but you could clearly see they had lip color already. Also some looked like they already had some mascara on when she started applying the mascara.

Also, I never heard any mention of SPF for the foundation or if the mascara was waterproof.

I don't think this has SPF, and I don't think the mascara is waterproof.

DD pointed out she didn't hear Mally say "Bulletproof." She may have said it. We didn't see all of the shows. But that used to be her trademark. Just another way things have changed. Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

I can't wait to get this!  I have her older powder foundation and it has good coverage.  I hope this one does too.  I'm going to use a primer with SPF (Mary Kay or Hourglass) since the powder doesn't have an SPF in it.

Trusted Contributor

@new jersey diva wrote:

I am very disappointed that Mally and other vendors offer makeup foundations that Do Not include colors for African american women who have complexions richer than Alicia or Stacie. Please note that I find this unacceptable. It cosmetics, Laura Geller, are two other vendors who ignore African American women. 

Some contributors hounded Mally about this exclusion of women of color, (including me, I did more than my share) and she responded by issuing Deep in the Poreless Defender and the mousse . I was so happy at the time, I bought three of each.   So- you can imagine how disappointing it was to see her newest line in the original, select few, shades.  I can't resent Mally (yet) for this decision because she apparently sold her company and serves as a spokesperson now.  I wonder what decision making power she has left?

Trusted Contributor

ps:  Eve Pearl's inclusion of Women of Color is noteworthy.  The foundation sold on the Q looks funny in the compact and blends perfectly on the skin.  Imagine that! 

Super Contributor
I used it for many years, its a good product. I have not used it for a while but ordered it when I ordered the tsv
Occasional Contributor

Smashbox Light is the only primer I don't break out from.

Contributor

Thank you for the response. I did end up trying medium. I also heard Mally saying all choices had a warm tone underlying (disappointing since half of customers are cool-toned), but I also heard her say medium was a beige tone which is more neutral than gold toned. So we'll see if that works. I wish all of these vendors with foundations would remember half their customer base that are cool-toned. Bare Minerals is the only company that I know of that addresses cool based skin tones.