Regular Contributor

Re: Mally TSV - October 4, 2022

That's why I sent all her stuff back the last time.  I never knew that they are made there!

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased as well. I am a big fan of her shadow sticks. They are very easy to apply without having to be a makeup artist or you have limited time to get out the door. 

I am glad that I purchased during the first airing since I saw this evening that they had sold out. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@livinthelife101 wrote:
I’m perfectly fine with developers, such as Mally, Laura Gellar, and Jamie of IT cosmetics selling their companies. But I’m not okay with them not putting something in the contract saying if the buyer changes the quality then they may be required to remove the inventors name. Because if it were me, I wouldn’t want my name attached to poor quality items. But I guess money trumps quality in some cases. I may order just to give as gifts in gift bags. But I hope that the quality hasn’t gone down hill bc if so, I’m done with Mally cosmetics just like some others. But I’m loving that charcoal shimmer color! And Mally does have a video where she teaches you how to best use the eyeshadow sticks and eyeliner pens.

"Money trumps everything" period. The End.

If it's not like old ones quality...back it will go. And I'll be done too. I used to buy so many of her products, on repeat...they were Holy Grail products for me...mascara, concealer, the best lip glosses I've ever owned...all GONE. I bought one palatte last year I saw on her site and it was on sale. Products in it just ok, and I use it, but it's not a daily HG product for me and quality is nothing like before. 

Other than that...haven't bought Mally's products in about 7 years. Before that she and LG were my Holy Grail brands. LG, even though she was sold...so far, and I hope it stays this way...I find her quality and products to be exactly the same.

Mally is just a talking head for the brand now...but I gave these a shot. Last try for sure if no good. My money trumps all too, Mally.

Mally lives in my town and I happened to see her in a local beauty store, Blue Mercury of all places.  She was surrounded by the sales associates shopping for hair products.  I had to get one of them to ring up my purchase.  She certainly can command attention when she wants to!

As for the TSV, I also have not purchased a Mally product in several years but I liked the looks of the eye shadow sticks and I hope they work for me.  Between this new purchase and my Bobbi Brown eye palette I have enough new shadows!

Respected Contributor

Well...they sold out! 60k units at 40+ bucks a pop...I guess they don't have to worry about bad presentations, lol.

That said...had a busy day, never tuned in again, but just went to look at the final presentation still online (even though item shows sold out...if you find the thumbnail, I clicked on reviews (yes, some already there) it brought the video back up...it's with Jane T...so...lots of dramatics there, little demo.

Then Mally went over to the model, whose already made up...pretended to put one swipe on her lid, then showing us the shades...once again....on a hand...the model's hand! Then they cut at one point to the same model they showed earlier with Shawn, with same colors on her, but blah blah all about "the story" vs. the applications of colors. Sigh.

Not like I don't know how to put on shadow and create a "look" or how to use colors. Still....some of these with the mattes especially...I really wanted to see Mally, "award winning makeup artist" apply and tutor with the product...as LG does. If she did it yesterday, I never saw it.

I'll do fine on my own, but I really would have loved to see her describe how to use, and to give me creative ideas.

I'll have to look up some Mally vids as someone advised here...though it won't be with these exact colors.

Anyway, on a positive note...have high hopes these will be great and everyone enjoys them! 

Honored Contributor

@amyb - I DVR'd the Beauty Awards. I got home in time to see most of it. At the last minute I decided to get it. Sold out. Oh well, I got the OTO. Right around midnight I tried again. No luck. Then I decided to keep clicking "add to cart." After a few tries it went in. I immediately checked out!   Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Wow...I see where it already shipped~I'm impressed and surprised, Q! So...I guess I'll see how they are soon.