Honored Contributor

Be aware, this is not the latest version.  They are now selling the M2 chip.  I got an M2 chip MacBook Pro shortly after Christmas.  The 256GB PRO version was about what they are selling this AIR version for.  Of course it didn't come with the extras, none of which I have any interest in besides that USB adapter, but I got a multi-adapter on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I have a MacBook Air 13" with the M1 chip....it's probably exactly the same as the TSV.  I purchased it in the summer of 2021 and I paid less than 1k for it. 

I don't care for many of the extras that the Q offers and one can get accessories such as a case or skin on Amazon for a very reasonable price.

Respected Contributor

Many of the electronics are last year's models.  I found that out when I bought a TV from QVC.   That is why they can be cheaper.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Be aware, this is not the latest version.  They are now selling the M2 chip.  I got an M2 chip MacBook Pro shortly after Christmas.  The 256GB PRO version was about what they are selling this AIR version for.  Of course it didn't come with the extras, none of which I have any interest in besides that USB adapter, but I got a multi-adapter on Amazon.

@Icegoddess   Great purchase!

I also went elsewhere and bought the M2 AIR and 512GB, and I also have no need for the extras in this TSV. Spent about $200 more -- worth it!  Very happy with my purchase.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Many of the electronics are last year's models.  I found that out when I bought a TV from QVC.   That is why they can be cheaper.  

@luvmybeetle I just wanted people to know since, at one point, I heard David say it was the latest.  Maybe it's the latest M1 model, but the M2 chip is later than the M1 chip.  I'm not saying it's not a good machine or not to buy it.  But, if you're looking for the latest, then don't be fooled. I keep my machines for way longer than most, so I tend to want the latest technology.  

David did mention the M2 chip at the end of the latest presentation, but they basically played down the significance.  However, if they were selling a machine with the M2 chip, which he did say QVC had, I'm sure they would make a big deal out of it being the M2 chip.  

But, if you look around, it's not really cheaper.  They bundle a bunch of stuff with it to make it appear you're getting more for your money.  For example, back in December you could get the M1 256 GB MacBook PRO, not AIR for 1199.99.  I still happen to have the card where I wrote down the info before buying.  Interestingly, you could get the M2 256 GB PRO for $1149.99, $50 cheaper than M1 chip machine.  Of course, tht was a sale price that was expiring around the time I bought one at Costco, but I did check and Best Buy had the same deal with the same expiry date.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I also went elsewhere and bought the M2 AIR and 512GB, and I also have no need for the extras in this TSV. Spent about $200 more -- worth it!  Very happy with my purchase.

@Caaareful Shopper I actually got the 512 GB for $1400, but I didn't want to confuse the issue.  I keep my computers a long time.  My previous was a 2013 MacBook Pro.  I had to get a new keyboard for it, but I'm still using it side-by-side with my new one.  They're both the same inch size, but the new one is a good bit smaller.  I also took the old one on vacation with me since it already had a hard cover to protect it and I really didn't want to take my brand new one. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper I actually got the 512 GB for $1400, but I didn't want to confuse the issue.  I keep my computers a long time.  My previous was a 2013 MacBook Pro.  I had to get a new keyboard for it, but I'm still using it side-by-side with my new one.  They're both the same inch size, but the new one is a good bit smaller.  I also took the old one on vacation with me since it already had a hard cover to protect it and I really didn't want to take my brand new one. 

@Icegoddess  I paid $1,400 also.  I'm not tech at all, but I got so tired of my old (about 10 years) HP laptop.  I love my iPhone & iPad, so I finally decided to get a MacBook. 

Honored Contributor

MacBook Air M1 from $999; M2 chip from $1199 from Apple.  If you buy with an Apple Card you can pay monthly and I don't think there is an interest or surcharge for that.  Then I add Apple Care.

I get them from Apple and we've had no issues.  I have had MacBook Air models since 2011 and love them.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess    I almost bought the HP computer they were reselling about a month ago.  I thought the colors were so nice and thought I would get another one.  I ordered it and called my son who happens to work with computers.  He called me back and said "do not buy it".  It didn't have enough RAM or Hard Drive to do anything worth while.  He said it would only be good for browsing, like QVC or Email.  I cancelled it immediately.  The computer I have is from Best Buy and it really works just fine, I just wanted that neat blue color.  

I would just suggest to people to really do your homework before you buy electronics from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle my husband is amazed with all the color choices for everything.  He doesn't get why they need all those colors.