Respected Contributor

Re: MY PILLOW -- ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@makena wrote:

If you're repeatedly watching something you dont' enjoy then it's on you.

This.

I don't like him, either. I'm never going to by one of his pillows. Or MANY of the things that are on QVC all the time. But others are. So when the things I don't like are on, I just don't watch.

You cannot control QVC. You have absolute control over what you watch on your own TV. Use it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Random thoughts based on the thread...

...QVC might have changed, but it has SO not evolved...

...Nothing against him, but I'm honestly not interested in the vendor, his back story, the location of his company or how many people he employs... His product is featured too often and it's boring...

...QVC's repetition has become legion. I've solved that problem for myself by no longer watching. Still, were more variety offered, I might still be a viewer and more of a customer... It seems like others are saying the same...

...I think most of us are aware of our 'change the channel' and 'get a hobby' options... as well as our option to express our opinion when we think it's relevant... or merely when we choose to do so...

...It isn't unusual these days for some folks to feel that QVC has become like a broken record... Those not interested in reading posts along those lines need not open them...

...I purchased a My Pillow when they first started selling them here. Personally, I don't care for it...

...Posts might well have been poofed for the reason suggested, but I thought the moderators typcially offered up an explanation when threads were modified...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I wondered if the re-configuration of the thread had to do with comments on there that were specifically deriding his wearing of a cross, and questioning his faith.  Those comments did surprise me and were painful to see.  I don't like to dispute anyone's profession of faith.  Having worked with alcoholics and drug addicts for years, I know what a crucial component that can be in recovery. 

I am not personally fond of the commercials, but I am happy for his phenomenal success.  It is a remarkable, hard-won struggle and journey to come back from addiction to alcohol and crack cocaine, for anyone. 

To the extent that he now experiences self-worth, productive output, exuberance and joy, I am thrilled for him.  Glad that QVC has aligned with a hard-working and inspirational entrepreneur. 

@Oznell, I didn't see the thread until just now. But if you're correct as to the reason it has been reconfigured, why bring it up again?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

An earlier poster, @suzyQ3, had wondered why a chunk of the posts were gone, and wondered if if was because we aren't allowed to be critical of repeat product presentations or just the products themselves, I think.

That prompted my speculation as to what might have been found objectionable in the earlier version, but of course i don't really know either.

Trusted Contributor

@StraytoStay     I dont have a comment on the MyPillow, but I just wanted to say that I love your StraytoStay name.  I help out at our local animal shelter and we always promote Adopt, Don't Shop.  My two cats that I have were strays that have now become stays. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@puttypiesmomI doubt I was the recommernder -  I don't recognize your name.  But I have slept on My Pillow almost every night for years now.  It works for me.  That doesn't mean it works for everybody.  Nothing does.

I totally ignore some the most popular vendors and items others on the Forums love -  I looked and knew I was out.  Or I bought and realized not for me.  I just don't watch.  So what?  Someone else is buying.

@millieshopsit wasn't you but someone who used uppercase and exclamation points pushing this product hard like it was the best thing since sliced bread.

We all desire a good nights sleep and realize it's not going to work out for everyone but that particiular person was so enthused and over the top I placed an order.  At the time, he wasn't telling people on qvc - the my pillow guy -  (but later did on his infomercial) that it was piecey inside and it moved around and it flattened out nor did the person with hyper enthusiasm.  Not my idea of comfort.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

An earlier poster, @suzyQ3, had wondered why a chunk of the posts were gone, and wondered if if was because we aren't allowed to be critical of repeat product presentations or just the products themselves, I think.

That prompted my speculation as to what might have been found objectionable in the earlier version, but of course i don't really know either.

Fair enough, @Oznell. I must have skimmed over that post.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@stevieb- Random thoughts on your post:

I agree with you that we're all entitled to an opinion and you stated yours thoughtfully and calmly, as you always do.

However, when someone is saying things about being ready to "cry" and literally "sick to death" of something, finding a vendor "offensive", all in bold and caps - in other words, in a full-blown rant - sorry, that's just not healthy in any way, shape or form.

And that's the point at which the person has to take responsibility for his/her own well-being.  If a vendor (or a host; or a product) can induce such unhealthy, strong feelings, it really is time to step away.  Our emotions have a real effect on our physical health. 

QVC is not going to change just because someone is unhappy with their programming.  And QVC shouldn't be so much a part of someone's life that it can induce those negative feelings.  It's just a shopping channel.  There are other shopping channels to watch, after all.  JMHO. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I both love our MY Pillows and if his nice blue shirt and his cross offend you just don't buy or watch.I applaud his USA company and the jobs it provides. Great product!

Super Contributor

I dislike the way he conveniently makes sure the cross he iz always wraring shows .I am a Christian and I am offended by his blatant attemp to use his religion as a sales tool