Respected Contributor

This TSV bothers me.....and it bothers me even more that the hosts are selling it with a straight face.

QVC...your integrity is suspect lately.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Oh and it's Gluten Free......LOL

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor
On 1/29/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 1/29/2014 Deadeye Daisy said:

If you adhere to a 2000 calorie a day regimen with a balanced amount of protein, fat & carbohydryate and do 30 minutes of exercise daily, anyone will lose weight and you WILL save $25 by NOT buying Meratrim.

This type of one-size fits all statement is as ludicrous as the TSV IMHO. If I ate 2000 calories a day, I would not only not lose weight, but I more than likely would gain weight and I do exercise at least 30 minutes daily plus walk at least 2 miles/day at a good but varying speed with my dogs.

The exact calories per day and the amount of exercise per week varies by person but the concept is dead on accurate. Weight loss is all about calories in/calories out. You need to find the ratio that works for you. And Daisy is right...no magic pill will make a difference.

Super Contributor

95% of our patients would lose weight if they went on a 3000 calorie a day eating plan. We find most are eating 3500 to 5000 calories a day, and get no exercise. Eating 2000 calories would make them quite svelte in a short time.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh, you naysayers. Come on. If you eat sensibly and exercise, just as the vendor suggests, this product will work.

Of course, what she doesn't say is that if you eat sensibly and exercise, you don't need the product.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
On 1/29/2014 Deadeye Daisy said:

95% of our patients would lose weight if they went on a 3000 calorie a day eating plan. We find most are eating 3500 to 5000 calories a day, and get no exercise. Eating 2000 calories would make them quite svelte in a short time.

I can only speak from personal experience. I make no claims to work in the industry or have any "expertise." As someone above posted in reply to me, defending your original claim, it varies based on individual needs, which is what I said when I posted that such a one-size fits all claim was not reasonable.

I never ate 3000 to 5000 calories per day. After losing a significant amount of weight under medical supervision, I started gaining weight on the so-called maintenance phase and that was honestly following the diet plan and documenting everything that I ate and drank.

Esteemed Contributor

after reading this thread I had to watch the video.....that man sure did get a lot of hair in the ""after"" picture....what a hoot....

how does anyone believe these ""miracle"" weight loss pills...when clearly a healthy diet and exercise will help everyone to lose weight....without the pills....

Super Contributor

yup.... bullllllllloney!

Occasional Contributor

I was listening last night to the presentation and started to get interested until I googled reviews that gave warnings of it's possible effect on blood sugars and people with hypertension and not to take if pregnant or nursing. Most people take medications, I take thyroid. Would have no idea of it's effect on my thyroid unless I just took it. It's not FDA approved and just too scary for me, at least until it's been around a long, long time.

Occasional Contributor

In the two studies discussed on the company's website, people took 800mg/day (two 400mg capsules per day). See

http://www.interhealthusa.com/Research/meratrim-clinical-research.aspx

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23784895

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23767862

Doesn't that mean that there isn't any proof that the product sold by QVC and ReBody can work at the amount they are selling it at (400mg/day). You'd have to buy double the amount to match the studies.