Respected Contributor

I totally agree, there is no magic pill on earth to take to loose weight. There is no easy fix. It's all common sense, eat healthy and exercise even if it's in moderation. I am not overweight, but probably because I do eat sensibly. I realize it is very difficult for some people, my husband being one of them. Keep junk food and soda out of the house. Cut back on sugar and carbs, portion control. You can start to develop these new habits slowly and once you see a few lbs come off it will motivate you to continue. My step daughter lost 70 lbs over the past 18 months. You need patience and she looks and feels wonderful. She did not use any gimmicks.

Super Contributor

These presentations make me laugh. They will say ANYTHING to sell this 'miracle.'

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
On 1/29/2014 Deadeye Daisy said:

If you adhere to a 2000 calorie a day regimen with a balanced amount of protein, fat & carbohydryate and do 30 minutes of exercise daily, anyone will lose weight and you WILL save $25 by NOT buying Meratrim.

This type of one-size fits all statement is as ludicrous as the TSV IMHO. If I ate 2000 calories a day, I would not only not lose weight, but I more than likely would gain weight and I do exercise at least 30 minutes daily plus walk at least 2 miles/day at a good but varying speed with my dogs.

Honored Contributor
Weight loss products in January. Lol. I don't know who they think they are fooling
Honored Contributor

I don't mean this in any sort of insulting way, but the Q preys on the overweight viewers. Whether by the way they size their clothing, or by selling blenders to make "weightloss shakes", or by selling that bike pedal gizmo that you can do while sitting on your couch watching QVC, to that NutriBarf qrap, and now this latest "miracle". I wish more people would see through them.

Occasional Contributor
This reminds me of the kind of thing you find in the back of the pantry closet three years from now and you can't remember how it got there.
Honored Contributor

As someone who's lost...gained....lost (and so it goes) weight over the many years I can tell you you ladies are correct.

The best way I've found to loose weight was weight watchers. They teach you the right things to eat, how to prepare them and you can TALK about your individual issues.

I remember once about 1 month before Halloween the speaker at WW (who'd lost weight herself) said, "How many of you ladies have already bought your Halloween candy? Many raised their hands. Then she said, "How many of you have started eating pieces here and there"? Again, hands were raised! They help you along the way plus you are accountable to yourself because you have to weigh in. You only compete with yourself!

Anyway, everyone has something that works for them. A few weeks ago People Magazine's cover had women who'd lost a lot of weight. Reading about them they all used different methods.

Like everyone here says, "NO MAGIC PILL".

Occasional Contributor

There is a reason why QVC is not showing the reviews on this product!!! I have lost a lot of respect for QVC over the last year. I see a lot of marketing manipulation.

Contributor
On 1/28/2014 lousgirl84 said: There is no magic pill!! None!!' Such a bunch of B/S

Absolutely right!! These types of products make me so angry. They just prey on the desperation to lose weight.

I was overweight/obese for much of my adult life and tried everything and wasted so much money.

Finally, two years ago I got serious about finally losing weight and started to eat better and count calories and also started taking Zumba classes and practicing yoga. The pounds slowly came off and a year later I'd lost 50 lbs which I've had off for a year now. I went from a size 18-20 to size 8-10 (depending on the designer). I feel great and still faithfully track my food using the free My Fitness Pal app.

You have to commit to changing your lifestyle. Calories in/Calories out and it will happen. Don't waste your money!!

Respected Contributor

WoW!!! What a concept.

Eat 2000 cal a day...walk 30 minutes a day and you will lose weight.

I guess there is so much out there to squeeze money out of desperate people, why not join the bandwagon.