Trusted Contributor

@Cali Bag Lady 

I answered Moonandstars questions about talc and allergens, she sounds affected by some ingredient but I don't want to hijack you thread , it's an important topic.

Have you checked information for cruelty free on the Leaping Bunny site.  I haven't looked at it in a while but I think they're a pretty comprehensive listing also.

Honored Contributor

Re: MAC Cosmetics TSV

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars wrote:

Thanks for posting.  Upsetting information, but good to know.  I read their statement and while it seems very honest (transparent), it doesn't make it ok.   Not sure how it could be ok with them.

What are other cosmetics companies doing?  Are there some that don't sell in china?  Anyone we know?

@moonandthestars - You can find a lot that won't sell in China. I always look on Leaping Bunny to see if a brand is cruelty free.

A lot of QVC brands are cruelty free. A few I can think of are Bare Minerals, Josie Maran, Belle Beauty, Voodoo Makeup, Tarte, Laura Geller, and Mally. I know there are more!  Smiley Happy

@decaf - I should have read your post before I posted! Sorry!  Smiley Embarassed

Valued Contributor

@Cali Bag Lady wrote:

I don't know if this is important to folks.. its important to me.  MAC Cosmetics is not cruelty free. It's interesting because their website states they do not test on animals and don't pay people to test for them.  But.... MAC Cosmetics sells their products in mainland China which legally requires cosmetics to be animal tested.  It bothers me that MAC would be so duplicitious on their website regarding this very important (at least to me) issue.  

Thank you for posting this.

I had thought about buying this tsv (which I don't really need),

Now I know that I will not be buying any of their products.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom  No problem at all, she really has two different concerns and I was trying to help her more with her makeup allergy issue.  Just us gals, sharing information.Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I was watching Shawn present this last night and based on how she looked, I would not buy this product ever. Of course, I realize she had it layered on pretty thick and I would not do that. Still, it just seemed to emphasize the lines. 

Also, I do not wish to contribute a dime to companies that use animals in testing their products.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Super Contributor
I checked the Leaping Bunny site for the first time based on your post. I'm shocked at what is not on there that I have. Not too late to be informed. I greatly appreciate the information.
Respected Contributor

@decaf Thank you so much.  I really appreciate you sharing more details of your symptoms with me.   That was alot of great information.  I have similar sorts of reactions and more and it's definitely been overwhelming  along with all the possible culprits.  I did not want to hijack this thread then,or now either, but felt it important to take the opportunity to connect with you (to learn more, to say thanks).  I might actually start a separate thread on this situation (allergies) one day soon. 

I did see that laura geller pallette before I posted, but didn't know the acutal name for the rice product so didn't recognize it.  Thanks again Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Is there another site other than leaping bunny that you rely on?  Maybe I did something wrong in looking at the website, but I did not see laura geller listed, or 100% pure, or tarte, just to name a few.  But for example, when I googled laura geller it shows it should be listed.  Did something change this year for her company?  Or am I checking the wrong leaping bunny list?