Trusted Contributor

I am shocked at the reviews!! I usually buy a set every year but holy moly, what happened to the quality?! ShopHQ has the SAME set (but not the selection of colors) as their daily value. Shipping is much higher but I have a coupon from another order for free shipping I can use. My concern is that there may be the same issues with their set that QVC is having. 

Wow. I'm passing, sadly.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

I am passing after reading the reviews.  I don't need 6 candles so may order one or two from Amazon.  Yes, Amazon sells Luminara.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Luminara tsv - when?

[ Edited ]

almost$100 for candles is not a good price IMO.  I like the look but not the price. 

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

almost$100 for candles is not a good price IMO.  I like the look but not the price. 

Its ridiculous that people continue buying these over priced candles.  You can buy flameless candles at Big Lots for $6.  I am disgusted that QVC continues to showcase these high priced candles again and again when there are cheaper ones on the market. People are on fixed incomes for God sake.

Valued Contributor

Reever , you are so right.  Your statement gose for throws, slippers and the rest of what is shown.  I just keep in mind some cant get out and at least those people can have something but it is a shame.

Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara tsv - when?

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

Its ridiculous that people continue buying these over priced candles.  You can buy flameless candles at Big Lots for $6.  I am disgusted that QVC continues to showcase these high priced candles again and again when there are cheaper ones on the market. People are on fixed incomes for God sake.

@Reever   The Luminara candles are much better than the ones at Big Lots and other places.  There's no comparison.  They look real, they flicker, and the batteries last longer.  They're worth the price to those of us who buy them.  

I wasn't interested in the TSV because I don't need them.  I also like the ones that are straight across and don't dip down in the front.  Real candles don't dip down in the front.  They go down evenly.

If the reviews were bad maybe something has changed in their quality control.  It hasn't been too long since I ordered flameless candles from QVC though, just a couple of months.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau