Honored Contributor

Re: Lug tote tsv for 5/26/23

Just heard the caller testimonial.  Be careful what you ask for QVC....the caller said she has hundreds of Lug bags; some of them are stacked up to the ceiling.

Doesn't sound like a testimonial they should really want on air to me.  The woman gushed excessively on Amy the Lug owner.  My guess is Amy could bring a paper bag and put the Lug logo on it, and the caller would buy one in every color.  Kerstin thankfully seemed to rush the call to an end.

This is why I think the testimonial line is an antiquated thing of past QVC.  I've never been swayed to buy something because of one of those calls, but apparently some are.  I cannot think why else QVC would still do this cringe-worthy tactic.

Honored Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

Right now I do not need a bag, so it was a pass for me. However, for those worried about slow shipping: I ordered the Gallop (I think that was its name) on May 13. It was at my door on May 18.  I think the Lug shipping time is improving.  

The last two Lug bags I bought arrived on or before their estimated delivery dates.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My last lug, a carousel, purchased here, took two weeks to get to me. The problem was, it was "in process" for five days before it shipped. Hopefully the tsv will ship out much quicker. 

To those ladies saying they wouldn't carry this every day, the presentations are not suggesting that at all. It's being marketed as a bag for travel, day trips with the fam, beach, etc. I had the Skyliner tote and carried that one daily for awhile, similar shape and size. But it seemed to look more like a travel bag than a purse, so I gave it away. 
Personally I love the charm bar! I use it for a paw charm. My initial is on the lug flurry wallet. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Just heard the caller testimonial.  Be careful what you ask for QVC....the caller said she has hundreds of Lug bags; some of them are stacked up to the ceiling.

Doesn't sound like a testimonial they should really want on air to me.  The woman gushed excessively on Amy the Lug owner.  My guess is Amy could bring a paper bag and put the Lug logo on it, and the caller would buy one in every color.  Kerstin thankfully seemed to rush the call to an end.

This is why I think the testimonial line is an antiquated thing of past QVC.  I've never been swayed to buy something because of one of those calls, but apparently some are.  I cannot think why else QVC would still do this cringe-worthy tactic.

Obviously this woman is a hoarder. I'll bet many of her bags still have tags. Yeah that's not a good sales tactic.

Harmonize the World
Contributor

I love Lug, so I am tempted, but until QVC addresses the shipping issues with this brand, I have no intention of purchasing the TSV or other Lug products. I have bought many Lug products and it seems to takes about a month before it arrives - if at all. I stopped ordering the brand sometime last year because five Lug items I ordered said they were shipped, but never arrived. That is a lot IMO. I live in PA USA, in a suburban area. I could see if I lived in the middle of nowhere, but that is not the case. Not only does it take FOREVER to arrive - the shipping status is a joke. In process for most of the time and if it does ship, it takes the slow boat from China to arrive at each destination on its way. I hate having to contact CS or having to constantly track a shipment. 

Since this has been such a problem for this brand and if the problem has been corrected, QVC need to publicly address this. I will wait and check the boards in the next couple of weeks to see if shipping has improved majorly to determine if I will make future purchases of this brand. 

Respected Contributor

I think they are cute. I bought one as a gift for my older sister as she carries a lot of stuff and she will love it. I don't order a lot from lug so I haven't had any of the shipping problems. Fingers crossed!

Super Contributor

I do like that blue ice pop so I got it in the rider along with the black. Much more my size.
Respected Contributor

I got a lug bag, at holiday time and have gotten more compliments on it. i love it and think we need more PLAID.

Respected Contributor

It looks like a potholder. But, it would be a great size and shape for an office bag and lightweight enough to carry to and from the parking garage.
Respected Contributor

It's nice.  I think, for me, more for travel than an everday bag.  I don't need another travel bag.