Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,405
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Pinkmomi and @pitstop- Thanks for the detailed color descriptions! I have a lot of Lug and I've never been disappointed. I look forward to posting our color impressions once we all get our bags!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Posts: 538
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Welp. Talked myself out of ordering. It occurred to me that the wristlet, while adorable, isn't designed to hold a cell phone. No point in taking a wristlet wallet with me instead of a purse, if I can't carry a phone. 
Oredered the Carousel crossbody instead. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,425
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

@itsmagic wrote:

I also have the Ranger in the first version and I found it is the perfect travel bag.   Mine is still in really good shape (it hasn’t traveled much for the past year ☹️) so I can’t really justify buying another.  I think the prints on the TSV are very pretty.  I’m carrying the Trolley crossbody now which is a bit smaller than the Ranger but also has a handle in addition to the crossbody strap. I find grabbing the handle very handy at times.  


Funny you say that...I too kept looking at it thinking it looked like a lunch bag.

Some of the prints were fun for summer...and looked like a good travel bag.

 

It was an easy pass for me, because I've been on a little bit of an "out of character" "Covid times" bag buying binge this past year (I'm not even a bag gal...I usually just like my classics and don't like to change bags all the time, just seasonally!) But I've followed LUG lives online and bought a few new small cross-bodies there, plus got a good deal on on a QVC Baggalini, & an Aimee Lee Katzenburg, so I'm set!

 

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,425
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

@GoGreenGoWhite wrote:

Welp. Talked myself out of ordering. It occurred to me that the wristlet, while adorable, isn't designed to hold a cell phone. No point in taking a wristlet wallet with me instead of a purse, if I can't carry a phone. 
Oredered the Carousel crossbody instead. 


@GoGreenGoWhite You know what my mom always used to say to me when I was on the fence so long about something when we were out shopping..."If you have to think that hard about it..." that's all it would take and I'd walk away!  When I knew I wanted something, I knew it. But if I was "thinking that hard" something wasn't right. Mom was wise! Smiley Happy

 

You make a good point about that wallet and cell phone. I think the Carousel is a great choice and cute bag, good size in either version. (Which did you get regular or XL?) What color did you choose in it? I like that choice!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,017
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@amyb wrote:

@GoGreenGoWhite wrote:

Welp. Talked myself out of ordering. It occurred to me that the wristlet, while adorable, isn't designed to hold a cell phone. No point in taking a wristlet wallet with me instead of a purse, if I can't carry a phone. 
Oredered the Carousel crossbody instead. 


@GoGreenGoWhite You know what my mom always used to say to me when I was on the fence so long about something when we were out shopping..."If you have to think that hard about it..." that's all it would take and I'd walk away!  When I knew I wanted something, I knew it. But if I was "thinking that hard" something wasn't right. Mom was wise! Smiley Happy

 

You make a good point about that wallet and cell phone. I think the Carousel is a great choice and cute bag, good size in either version. (Which did you get regular or XL?) What color did you choose in it? I like that choice!


@amyb  My mom said the same thing and how true it is.  I found myself trying to talk myself into purchasing the TSV.  I didn't order it.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎09-20-2011

On my laptop screen. the color is not a true red. I thought it looked more like a terra cotta color.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 538
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Pecky  I think our moms all knew each other. 😋 got the regular size Carousel in the Bloom Sand. I just love tropical prints and Amy does them well. Just looking at it in the video made me happy. 
also I have a beautiful Lug tote bag in a deep jade green that I use as a carry on for plane travel. The Carousel has a touch of that color. I think they will make a pretty travel combo. Although I plan to use my Carousel regularly also 


@Pecky wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@GoGreenGoWhite wrote:

Welp. Talked myself out of ordering. It occurred to me that the wristlet, while adorable, isn't designed to hold a cell phone. No point in taking a wristlet wallet with me instead of a purse, if I can't carry a phone. 
Oredered the Carousel crossbody instead. 


@GoGreenGoWhite You know what my mom always used to say to me when I was on the fence so long about something when we were out shopping..."If you have to think that hard about it..." that's all it would take and I'd walk away!  When I knew I wanted something, I knew it. But if I was "thinking that hard" something wasn't right. Mom was wise! Smiley Happy

 

You make a good point about that wallet and cell phone. I think the Carousel is a great choice and cute bag, good size in either version. (Which did you get regular or XL?) What color did you choose in it? I like that choice!


@amyb  My mom said the same thing and how true it is.  I found myself trying to talk myself into purchasing the TSV.  I didn't order it.


 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,157
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

I have the Ranger & wallet. They raised the price on the tsv. No bargain.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎08-13-2014

I ordered the Shibori Purple and am hoping it's brighter. I'll let you know.

Super Contributor
Posts: 273
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I do love Lug bags. At first I did not want to order a polyester bag but these have held up very well. I bought the Ranger TSV last year? I think it was last year. This latest TSV was almost exactly the same except for a few little details that do not justify buying another.

I wish they would go a little bit larger in the size bag that they offer.

It took me a while to train my brain to get used to the organization but once I remembered where everything was to go it became a real time saver for me. Instead of digging around in a big deep bag I can reach for whatever I need quickly....and it does all fit. I especially love the bungee to hold the keys. I am big on losing keys without it.