Honored Contributor

Re: Lug Quilted Bag TSV 1/17

I often carry a regular sized Lug Ranger as an everyday handbag.  This one is too oversized.  More space to fill = more junk and heavier to carry.  It may be ok as a travel bag, but I'm set in that department.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I often carry a regular sized Lug Ranger as an everyday handbag.  This one is too oversized.  More space to fill = more junk and heavier to carry.  It may be ok as a travel bag, but I'm set in that department.  

ITA @JeanLouiseFinch ! I was hoping to see more colors in the mid-size Ranger. I bought this to use when traveling. After my last plane trip I didn't switch it out right away when I got home  and ended up carrying it about 3 more weeks.

This TSV is nice, but I too use the Puddle Jumper as my carry on.

When I started with Lug, I bought two pieces in olive, intending to add more. Then they discontinued that color! I wish she had kept that color!

There are some pretty colors for this one!   Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really enjoy my Lug bags. I have many Dooney's which I do love, and other expensive brands. Burberry, Coach. I saw some new Lug prints and got the Red Buffalo print in Carousel and just love it. Since then I have bought several Lug bags. Love the camo's and how organized all of the bags are. I like the Carousel and Pacer best. I have started to enjoy carrying crossbody style bags and Lug is a favorite. Highly do recommend them. But this bag in the pic isn't my style. But everyone has there 'thing' that works for them. :-}

Honored Contributor

I have a duffel bag from Lug that I love.  I am thinking of ordering the TSV as I am going to Daytona next month for the race and this would be great to travel with.

Valued Contributor

I have the mini Puddle Jumper and I love it! This bag is bigger so I might get it. Also want to get one for my daughter's birthday gift - she's hard to buy for and I really think she'd use this for travelling.

Regular Contributor

LOVE the lug products. Oh how I wish she would put a padded computer sleeve in one of these bags.

Honored Contributor

I'm assuming it's a backpack.  So far I haven't seen it worn as one.  The ways they are showing is as a shoulder bag, or remove the strap and it'sa hand carrier. Is it really a backpack?

Honored Contributor

I'm the odd woman out here.  I detest the 2 Lug bags I own.  I own a Carousel and a Propeller 2.  

I liked the idea of the Carousel because it's lightweight and I can wear it as a crossbody, shoulder bag or a belt bag.  I bought the Propeller 2 originally because I could use it when flying since it fits under the seat, or as the only bag I take for shorter weekend trips and camping.     

In reality, there are just too many pockets and zippers, especially on the Propeller.  I spend way too much time zipping and unzipping pockets and cannot find anything in the mess of "organization."  Even the Carousel bag just has too many pockets and it's just a mess of me digging into all the pockets and zippers trying to find my stuff. 

The only thing I love about the Propeller is the hot pink camo print.  I cannot tell you how many times I've been asked about it in the airport, on the plane or in the cruise terminal.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I'm assuming it's a backpack.  So far I haven't seen it worn as one.  The ways they are showing is as a shoulder bag, or remove the strap and it'sa hand carrier. Is it really a backpack?

Your assumption is incorrect. It is not a backpack. It's the extra large version of the Ranger. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As with anything, some will like it, some won't. I love the prints but in real life I I wear a lot of prints and pattered clothing. So I prefer my handbags to be solid colors. Lug wallets are where I like to have pretty prints. Makes me happy. 
For travel I use the Lug Gondola XL. Can stuff a ton into it and it fits under airline seats. Because I have the regular size Ranger and love the vertical silhouette and organization, I'm thinking about picking up the tsv. Might like the more vertical use of space for travel as well as the crossbody feature. The Gondola doesn't have that. Love the new Resort print. In fact I ordered the rodeo wallet in that print. 

Harmonize the World