Honored Contributor

Re: Lug Crossbody Bag TSV 4/30

@elated wrote:

My favorite bag is Kipling. They are lightweight and have many compartments. I recently bought a new one with a matching wallet. The sale price was $48.00 ($109.00 original price) and wallet $19.99 ($48.00 original price). I don't like heavy bags or big bags because I am 5'1" and they overwhelm me. I bought it at Macy's when they had their recent sale.

@elated   I don't like Kiplings because they "puddle"  -- they offer no structure and therefore no protection at all for my phone or glasses. I much prefer LUG.

Trusted Contributor

Please don't laugh at me but what is the elastic thing with the clip to be used for?   I assume keys, but I have a key chain and my key to my car is on it, doesn't do me any good to put keys on this. 

Yes, I still have a car with a key that opens the doors and turns the ignition.  I'm old and poor.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back - It's a key fob, but you don't have to use it.  (I'd expect to use it more for house keys, rather than car keys.)

I've tried Lug bags a couple of times and ended up sending them back.  They were always too difficult to get things out of, once I'd put everything in.

This bag looks roomier, but I still think I'm going to pass.  Too expensive to send back, if it's another one that doesn't work out.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia 

Thanks for clarifying.  LOL.

I have a few Lug bags, some I like better than others.  Baggallini has more room and is organized better in my opinion;

I like the Lug bags because they are lightweight and the strap doesn't get twisted.  But, I really think if they go for these patterns, they could have more ideas than the ones they present.   They need to have more solids.  Some of the prints are just ugly to me.   Plus some of the interiors are just too crazy looking and hard to find the contents.

Lug is hit or miss for me.

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back - Thanks.  I'll have a look at Baggallini.  I have a friend who just bought a new one and loves it.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I have one Lug bag, and I love it for the organization, and this one looked very practical. I just don't find them to be that stylish though (superficial, I know). I don't like any of their prints. The one I have is solid black, and that's the only color I'd ever consider. I do have a black LeSportsac tote that I love. It doesn't have the structure of the Lug bag, but it's lighter and a little more modern looking IMO.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Regular Contributor

I went crazy on Lug bags a couple years ago and now I rarely use them.  To  me they are all starting to look like the same old, same old.  Nothing really new to see and I don't like that they keep busting out all these new prints while previous prints are pretty much gone forever.  Most of the prints are just not that appealing to me anymore and evidently a lot of others since I keep seing requests for more solids or at least fewer juvenile prints.  Sorry, I don't want rainbows or wild animals on my bag!  I will however, always LOVE my older Puddle Jumpers and Propellers.  Best travel bags ever!

Respected Contributor

@PJinIA wrote:

I went crazy on Lug bags a couple years ago and now I rarely use them.  To  me they are all starting to look like the same old, same old.  Nothing really new to see and I don't like that they keep busting out all these new prints while previous prints are pretty much gone forever.  Most of the prints are just not that appealing to me anymore and evidently a lot of others since I keep seing requests for more solids or at least fewer juvenile prints.  Sorry, I don't want rainbows or wild animals on my bag!  I will however, always LOVE my older Puddle Jumpers and Propellers.  Best travel bags ever!

I love the brand for the thoughtful organization and pretty colors. That said, I'm one of those ppl who wants more solids. I just can't carry a busy, multi color print bag with my printed clothing. To your point about old prints disappearing, yes I've noticed that too. It must be frustrating for the women who want a lug wardrobe in a certain print. Only to have it vanish before they can get the pieces they want. 

Harmonize the World