Super Contributor

Re: Lug 7/18/20 TSV Imported Face Masks

They are hot and not breathable....not a good fit or comfortable ......I purchased from QVC.... I returned them....didn't read anything about non returnable....however, I have not yet received my credit....but that's pretty much the case for any returns these days...

Frequent Contributor

I tried these masks, but I find them hard to breathe and hot. They look cute, but I can't stand wearing them

Valued Contributor

I picked up a couple 100% cotton ones at Kohl’s, and when I went back, saw a couple of cute prints. I didn’t look, my fault, and the prints are cotton on the inside and polyester on the outside. Very uncomfortable. When I inhale they pull toward my face and they are stiff. It’s a shame because the Lug prints are so cute. I really like the floral and the tropical. But I’ll pass.

Trusted Contributor

Honestly I look at the masks in the stores all of them say Made in China.  China is making bank on the US now requiring masks more and more.  I've been buying all of mine off Etsy where someone has been making them here in the USA.

Occasional Contributor

I have ordered several masks on Etsy for family and my little grandson. Nicely made, and only purchase made in USA! I did order Zunie masks from QVC and they are nice. Also made in USA. Can't wait for the day when none of them are necessary. Stay safe everyone!

Super Contributor

@Nutzy wrote:

And they are 100% polyester. The CDC recommends 100% cotton and I would be afraid polyester would be hot.

I've read dozens of reviews that say they aren't breathable at all as they are made from excess fabric (per Amy's post on FB) and you can't put your head in a Lug bag and breathe easily. Plus they don't come with the filters in the TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

A little too tight and very hard to breathe in.  Not only Lugs, but many of the heavy cloth coverings.  Cute patterns for sure, but not sure what the deal is as they have sold them for under thirty before.  It doesn't seem like  TSV price.  

Occasional Contributor

No, most if not all the Lug products are made in China.  I just checked the tag on the "Paddle" that came in the mail directly from Lug today and on the "Ranger" I bought a couple of months ago from QVC and they both say "Made in China."   And I'm pretty sure that people who purchased them said that the masks say they are made in China.  I know Lug is a Canadian company, and perhaps originally their products were made in Canada.  But definitely that isn't true now.

Occasional Contributor

Me too!  I've gotten very comfortable and cute masks off Etsy--was even able to help support a friend of my daughter and a relative by buying their "American made" masks from Etsy.   When I saw the reviews about the polyester component and how quite a few people felt the masks from Lug were "hot" and didn't fit that well, I cancelled my order that I had pre-ordered when they came out a couple of months ago.  

Trusted Contributor

For all those looking for a completely made in USA mask it isn't going to happen.  Some part of it either the material, string, construction, packaging you name it will be imported period.  We are part a global economy.  You may not want your money going to China but in the long run part of it will no matter what.  We will never have a strickly made in USA economy we can't, it doesn't work that way.  That being said, both my husband and I liked their masks.  I know some people "can't breathe" in them and that's fine.  I can't breath in those cotton masks.  I despise cotton.  The fibers make me sneeze. They get sweaty and nasty and  they get wet from your breath just yuck.  So both my husband and I like these.  There's a pocket for filters and they wash wonderfully.   Look if you want a made in USA product it is going to cost alot more.  That's a fact.  Every mask you own is imported.   So picking on Lug is lame.  They are a business just trying to survive. So they took what they make and decided to make something useful.   Maybe in time they will move some of their manufacturing but that is not something that is done overnight.  All of these business can't just move things overnight. China products are everywhere for a reason.  That is because not everyone can afford especially now the price of something we make totally within our borders.  People demand lower priced products.  Everyone wants a sale and a cheap price.  If you have that kind of money to burn great but a vast majority do not.  Hence the very reason Walmart is so successful.  Again all masks, either the material, string, manufacturing, packaging, etc all have a portion imported/made in China.  So no QVC is not going to find any made in USA masks  unless someone has sheep and decides to completely do the material from scratch.  There are some that advertise it but be advised, usually they just are "shipped within the USA"  They actually are manufactured outside of the US.  There are really not many clothes completely "made in the USA.  Sorry.