Frequent Contributor

Love the Rachel Ray Set. . .but

I so love the Rachel Ray set that is the TSV for today. But at over $17.00 for shipping and handling, I cannot afford to buy it. QVC is getting worse and worse on the shipping charges. I am sure there are many people like me, who love the set, but are put off by the shipping charges. They probably would have sold so many more if they offered free shipping or reduced charges. I guess I will hop on over to Kohls, get the couple of pieces I love with my 30% off coupon, Kohls Kash and no shipping.

Super Contributor

Re: Love the Rachel Ray Set. . .but

AGREED! Was going to suggest Kohl's for you on this item, too!

Honored Contributor

I have her Bubble and Brown lasagna pan in white. The problem with this line is the extremely high sides on the handle ends of the pan. They take up a lot of space in the oven rack-wise.

Respected Contributor

The problem is, someone would have had to pay a huge price for shipping no matter what. So QVC would have had to raise the initial price of the item to cover the S&H. That's a very heavy set of bowls. Mailing prices (shipping prices) have skyrocketed. I don't see the need to pay those exorbitant prices for sending something. I've even stopped sending gifts for the most part and am sending checks. I'd rather include the shipping fee in the check than give it to the shippers.

This is why I have stopped buying much from any internet source. The fees are too high to get it. I call around my area and try to find the same or nearly the same item here. I still pay for gas to get it, but it doesn't come close to the S&H fees all the shippers are charging.

Esteemed Contributor

Many other sources for RR, including Wal-Mart and some flash sale sites.

Respected Contributor

If you have a Boscov's near you, they also sell RR cookware...and almost always with sale prices.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

I think QVC's shipping is no worse than anything you buy online that is this heavy. I just got charged almost $10.00 at JC Penney's for 4 packages of my husband's t-shirts.

All of the shipping from UPS and USPS are ridiculous but we never would be able to buy different and unique things without it. I personally will pay for a set like this as it shouldn't have to be returned. IF it did, I will call QVC for a preprinted return label with them paying for the shipping if it was damaged. Years ago I had a problem with a large item being broken and they did just that.

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 MKR NY said:

I think QVC's shipping is no worse than anything you buy online that is this heavy. I just got charged almost $10.00 at JC Penney's for 4 packages of my husband's t-shirts.

All of the shipping from UPS and USPS are ridiculous but we never would be able to buy different and unique things without it. I personally will pay for a set like this as it shouldn't have to be returned. IF it did, I will call QVC for a preprinted return label with them paying for the shipping if it was damaged. Years ago I had a problem with a large item being broken and they did just that.

So I'm confused, you stated the Q's shipping is no better than JC Penny's...actually JC Penny's offers free shipping for $99 or more and if over $25 free ship to your closest store....and 4 t-shirts don't weigh anything close to the TSV. RR bubble and bake sets are not unique, they are practically available everywhere and most likely on sale, these have been around for years so they are not unique.....but heck, that's just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

My JC Penney's order was $92.00 for 4 packages (16 t-shirts total) and shipping was $8.95 as I just looked it up. My opinion is just that. I will pay what is reasonable to me as I would have to drive to a mall 20 miles away to buy Rachel Rays items like they showed today and not find all of them there either.

I do appreciate your opinion and that is why I like this forum. We are honest about our own experiences. I had a coupon for 15% off my order at JC Penney's and even though I found a free shipping coupon online you could only use one coupon.

Super Contributor

Would love the green, but shipping high.