Valued Contributor

Re: Love my Wen but have started noticing hair loss!!

@SandGirl wrote:

Been using WEN for YEARS (Years) but I will tell you what works best for me.

1st Cleanse, my Fav shampoo... usually coconut shampoo from Vitacost, 2nd cleanse (condition) my WEN, good amount of it too, leave in for a couple min, rinse then add some back in as a leave in. I have thicker hair now than when I started with WEN.  and DO NOT (DO NOT.....NOT) comb in the shower like he advises, I lost a TON of hair and my hair got so thin when I did this, I now just use my fingers to rake through my hair, when I used a comb it was awful and I almost stopped using my WEN due to hair loss, stopped the comb method and stopped the hair loss.  Just my own experience shared  Smiley Happy

Definitely - from my understanding it's a bad idea to brush through hair in the shower no matter what you're using on your hair. I could never understand why they recommend this for WEN. 

Regular Contributor

Nick just said tonight that the shampoo needs to cleanse the scalp and certain shampoos don't cleanse the scalp but clog the pores and you lose your hair from the clogging.

Regular Contributor

@Danielle46 wrote:

Actually, it "can" cause hair loss by clogging the hair folicle.  All you have to do is "google" it and you will find 100's of complaints.  When you don't use soap in a product, your scalp is not being properly cleaned and you can develop a build up.   I had to stop using it and I know others who had to stop using it (and we were all medicaly checked and have nothing wrong with us).   If your suffering hair loss from WEN the solution is simple "stop using it"!!!!   Its not for everyone - you may also be allergic to some of the ingredients.

So by this logic, cavemen (and women) would have all been bald.  They did not have soap.

Your body does not "need" soap.  Humans did not evolve with a Bath and Body Works in a nearby mall!

Contributor

Losing hair with heavy duty usage of WEN is definitely a real thing.  It's unfortunate because it seems like such a great product at first, as you yourself experienced, OP.

In my personal experience, I can use WEN a few times a month and I do enjoy it.  But I also use traditional (good quality) shampoos and conditioners in addition.  This seems to be a healthy balance for me.  Perhaps it's worth a try for those of you who love WEN but are having some problems with using it exclusively. 

Esteemed Contributor

@clangle wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

Actually, it "can" cause hair loss by clogging the hair folicle.  All you have to do is "google" it and you will find 100's of complaints.  When you don't use soap in a product, your scalp is not being properly cleaned and you can develop a build up.   I had to stop using it and I know others who had to stop using it (and we were all medicaly checked and have nothing wrong with us).   If your suffering hair loss from WEN the solution is simple "stop using it"!!!!   Its not for everyone - you may also be allergic to some of the ingredients.

So by this logic, cavemen (and women) would have all been bald.  They did not have soap.

Your body does not "need" soap.  Humans did not evolve with a Bath and Body Works in a nearby mall!

The human body does not need  soap? Are you kidding or what? I would not want to be down wind of you ...Cat Tongue

I have been using WEN products for almost 3 years. I have had many people compliment me on my long, blond hair. However, about a year and a half ago I noticed my hair thinning. At first, just a little, but now it is falling out in clumps sometimes. I have lost about a third of my hair.

I thought for months about what could be causing my hair to fall out, I even thought about WEN causing the problem because my problem started after using it. Then I noticed that Chaz's hair looked thinner as well. I don't know... maybe it isn't the WEN, but I am devastated about my hair loss and I certainly am going to stop using it.

Regular Contributor

It IS the Wen most likely, regardless of the "threat" this truth is to those who have not experienced it.  My experience was just like yours.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone and I hope it DOES not happen to the current Wen Lovers.  But we have a right to speak our truth.  Thanks for your story.

Valued Contributor

I know nothing about hair loss but I know that 2 weeks ago I told my hair dresser that I bought the tsv wen and I cant wait to try it  The next thing I know she was handing me copies of articles about 400 people in a lawsuit  Lets just say I sent my box back when it came  Im not chancing it  It just isnt worth it   I hope he wins because he is a sweetie but Im not  brave

Regular Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@clangle wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

The human body does not need  soap? Are you kidding or what? I would not want to be down wind of you ...Cat Tongue

Thanks for the insult.  I do not mean that I personally do not use soap, only that soap is not a biological necessity.  Your sweet comment reminds me of why I generally stay off these boards.

Well, I'm off to put on more deodorant.  Have a nice day!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@clangle wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@clangle wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

Thanks for the insult.  I do not mean that I personally do not use soap, only that soap is not a biological necessity.  Your sweet comment reminds me of why I generally stay off these boards.

@clangle wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@clangle wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

@clangle wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@clangle wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

I could careless what you put on or don't put on.

@apple1964 wrote:

@clangle wrote:

@Danielle46 wrote:

Your welcome! Next time you post on these boards maybe  you should use some judgement in your wording next time. Thanks for sharing about your use of deodorant I could have done without your sharing this news with me. You have a nice day too!Woman Frustrated