Valued Contributor

Why, oh why, Q, do you allow reviews from people who HAVEN'T PURCHASED the item??!! I looked at the Logo TSV (I'm not sure why, as I have never, and will never purchase Logo) and the reviews caught my attention. When I looked, there were 119 five star reviews and 70+ one star reviews. Several of the one star reviews were people who had not purchased the item, but were giving their opinion on the matter. While I happen to agree with their opinions, as I am no fan of Logo at all, these are NOT product reviews, they are people's opinions that are better served in this forum.

While allowing this may boost the Q website's SEO ranking, it negates the credibility of the "review" system entirely. Even Amazon has "verified buyer" or "verified purchase" in their reviews. 

Valued Contributor

@Quse I totally agree with you. It aggravates me here and on other sites.  I want useful information and I don't care if posting "reviewer" hates the designer or her styles "just because."My knowing that serves no purpose.  

My biggest pet peeve is book reviews. I loathe the people that review a book, pan it but never read it, they just hate the author for whatever reason. Other ridiculous reviews are the ones where they complain about the price of the book. Sellers don't set the price of books, publishers do.  Secondhand, used book prices are set by the sellers.

I do wonder if these "reviewers" understand what a review is supposed to contain, and the purpose of said review.

Thank you for the opportunity for a much needed "rant".

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

It might be helpful sometimes if they did winnow the reviews, but then some would be right here complaining their "review" was not published!

I don't even take "reviews" here on the Forums from people who have never purchased a line because they are generally talking style which I can figure out for myself, but they don't have any facts about fit, fabric, workmanship, durability, etc. 

My own "reviews" on lines/designers I don't buy are just that -  it's all about the styles that work for me and those that don't.  Really not much help to others although I do wonder why we sometimes think certain designers work for everyone.  Not.

Even Amazon which does verify purchasers publishes some strange reviews.  I read one last week about a book the reviewer gave one star and it turned out that s/he did that because a disk had a scratch and wouldn't work.  That's not a review of the book and should have been tossed or moved to some other category.

Trusted Contributor

In an effort to cut back on returns I read reviews and garment measurements before placing my orders.  I read reviews for today's TSB.   People should base their review on the item they received only.   If you did not purchase please kindly put you opinions elsewhere.  I did decide not to purchase.  Others stated what I thought.  The ruffles would fall right around the fullest part of my body.  Also i noticed that the top is tight and shows the back bra outline and pulls under the arms on a tall XXS model.  Bad sizing or wrong bra?  ;-)

Also why do people give 4 or 5 stars on an item that is returned because of quality but state they love the designer and all other purchases from the same.    We are not reviewing the designer.   Per the item purchased, please keep your comments to quality of fabric, sizing and workmanship.  Is the color as stated?   I can give a good score where deserved even if I return because the style does not work for my figure.   Many items are not proportioned for my 5'4" XL body.  No, I can not wear a petite as the proportions ( rise, etc)  are wrong. HMMM!   According to govt reports I am about  the size of the average American woman.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

It might be helpful sometimes if they did winnow the reviews, but then some would be right here complaining their "review" was not published!

@millieshopsWell, the easy answer to their complaining about that would be: it's not a review.

Valued Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

In an effort to cut back on returns I read reviews and garment measurements before placing my orders.  I read reviews for today's TSB.   People should base their review on the item they received only.   If you did not purchase please kindly put you opinions elsewhere.  I did decide not to purchase.  Others stated what I thought.  The ruffles would fall right around the fullest part of my body.  Also i noticed that the top is tight and shows the back bra outline and pulls under the arms on a tall XXS model.  Bad sizing or wrong bra?  ;-)

Also why do people give 4 or 5 stars on an item that is returned because of quality but state they love the designer and all other purchases from the same.    We are not reviewing the designer.   Per the item purchased, please keep your comments to quality of fabric, sizing and workmanship.  Is the color as stated?   I can give a good score where deserved even if I return because the style does not work for my figure.   Many items are not proportioned for my 5'4" XL body.  No, I can not wear a petite as the proportions ( rise, etc)  are wrong. HMMM!   According to govt reports I am about  the size of the average American woman.

@Gram WI have read garment measurements, and lately, they have been TOTALLY off. Truthfully, I haven't purchased much bcz I'm tired of returning things.

The other thing that makes me shake my head is a bad review of a beauty product that the reviewer spilled themself and didn't get to use...huh? The product is bad bcz YOU spilled it? I guess one could argue that it speaks to the container and how "doof proof" it is, but COME ON.... Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

That's why I take reviews with a grain of salt.  The one that kills me is a top labeled as a tunic.  In the measurements, it clearly states length is 32 inches.  The review says the reviewer is 5 ft tall and the top fits them like a dress.  I could have told you it would be too long before it was even ordered.  Those reviews tell me ladies order without knowing measurements, but they don't tell me about the top.

Honored Contributor

I really rely on the reviews and won't usually buy if the reviews are not at least 4 stars and won't buy at all if the product has no review. I agree the review should not be accepted if you have not received the product. I think LOGO is just such a hated line, it seems the threads about LOGO are deleted here, so I think that's why people who used to dis the line on the forum now dis her and her line via reviews.

Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo The longer you are here the more you will realize that your assessment is accurate. Many people whohink they are writing reviews are not writing reviews..