Occasional Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock TSV 1/11/2023

I'm convinced!  Finally Mary Beth just had a presentation showing nested with lids.

Respected Contributor

I have quite a few of the lock and lock containers. And I have arthritis in my hands with weakness in one hand from surgery a couple years ago. 
These things are nearly impossible for me to open. Not exaggerating. The other day I found myself using a dinner knife to try and pry the tabs up. Unsuccessfully I might add. 
Mine have suffered from being put in the dishwasher-lids have warped and interiors have gotten scuffed up on some pieces. 
Im thinking of replacing all of them with something else. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock n Lock TSV 1/11/2023

Bought the last set and most were so small they are only unusable  for a  lunch bag .

I did not  look closely at the sizes

I will not buy anymore sets

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Again?

@Group 5 minus 1    It's constant and on-going going just like Josie Maren, Barefoot Dreams, Philosophy, etc.etc.  Mainstays that appear daily it seems.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I like this set. This is a repeat TSV and I got it last time. "New Today" is just not true.

I have a dexterity problem with my hands and I have no trouble at all.

I will say though that I never use the teeny tiny ones. The 3 biggest I use all the time. It is a tiny bit annoying to stack them because you have to take the cover off each one to get them stacked. They stack like those little dolls (I can't think of the name), that stack by size, except they have covers. If you want the mid-size one, you have go through taking the biggest cover off, then the next cover and so on. Then put it all back together again. It does save a ton of space though!

Rick keeps repeating "will not be brought back again", so I am curious what change to the product Lock and Lock might be making? As with every product, the evolution of it is inevitable, so I wonder what they mean? Just this set will never come back or are they changing something with all Lock and Lock? This set has run before, so it's deceiving to say "new today".

If Rick is on it usually means "hey Rick, these are getting discontinued. You're on, so get them out of here" (seeing as Rick is most likely their best sales person. Rick can make me buy things I absolutely have no need for LOL) He is a seriously good sales person.

Frequent Contributor

I do have a lot of lock and lock and use it all the time, but when I gave some to my mom with arthritis she gave it back to me because she said it was too difficult for her to open.   

I was surprised when she told me that she couldn't open the containers, since the demonstrations always mention how great it is for people with arthritis to use. 

I do know from experience that the easiest of all the styles of lock and lock to open is the zen containers.  I like those the best.  

Also the glass ones can be difficult to close and open.  Some styles of tritan also.

This set of today special is of no interest for me at all, for one thing I do not need anymore and I just don't care for the hard square ones and bowls are awkward and take up too much space. 

I would not recommend for anyone with arthritis.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

I'm in my 80's with arthritis and weakness in my hands.  I love my L&L and have not found them to be hard to open.  I already have this set or something similar - I think it's not quite the same as the last set because I have the copper lids and the present TSV does not include that color.

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I like this set. This is a repeat TSV and I got it last time. "New Today" is just not true.

I have a dexterity problem with my hands and I have no trouble at all.

I will say though that I never use the teeny tiny ones. The 3 biggest I use all the time. It is a tiny bit annoying to stack them because you have to take the cover off each one to get them stacked. They stack like those little dolls (I can't think of the name), that stack by size, except they have covers. If you want the mid-size one, you have go through taking the biggest cover off, then the next cover and so on. Then put it all back together again. It does save a ton of space though!

Rick keeps repeating "will not be brought back again", so I am curious what change to the product Lock and Lock might be making? As with every product, the evolution of it is inevitable, so I wonder what they mean? Just this set will never come back or are they changing something with all Lock and Lock? This set has run before, so it's deceiving to say "new today".

If Rick is on it usually means "hey Rick, these are getting discontinued. You're on, so get them out of here" (seeing as Rick is most likely their best sales person. Rick can make me buy things I absolutely have no need for LOL) He is a seriously good sales person.

@gabstoomuch    And I refuse to listen to Rick yell and scream about an incipid little plastic bowl.  In fact, I avoid him if at all possible.  I'm pretty sure David is the best salesman.  He's surely a lot more polite and pleasant.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

David is good in the kitchen. I get kitchen stuff from him that I really don't need LOL I have also bought kitchen items I didn't even know existed and David is so good at explaining I end up "needing it".

Rick is good at ANYTHING! I swear he he could sell Sno-Jo electric shovels to people in Florida LOL.

Rick doesn't bother me like he does some people. He is very hyper for sure.

I actually shop more on line now and not by watching on TV. I cut my purchases in half by shutting QVC off. I am not even sure why I flipped it on today quite honestly Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I ordered two sets.  One for me and one as a gift.  I purchased the combo ones.

I always missing some when I give someone something.  

I don't think they are hard to open normally, but I have had a piece now and then harder to open than others.