Contributor
Accepted Solution

Lock and Lock - price lower NOW than TSV?

I love Lock and Lock and can't stop buying it!  This Wednesday they had their Holiday TSV - and it was $24.98 plus $5.50 shipping.  The price today is $27.48 with free shipping - which means if I waited until today (Saturday) to purchase Wednesday's TSV it would be $3 cheaper today!  

I love free shipping days (like today) but somehow this doesn't make sense to me.  The reason to jump on a TSV is that (supposedly) is the cheapest price that item will ever be. 

This is certainly a silly problem - but thought I would mention it anyway! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock - price lower NOW than TSV?

I love lock&lock too, but even though I'm always tempted , there is no more room ! I understand what you are saying about the price, I guess TSV'sjust aren't that special anymore. I love free shipping, but It's too random, and I'm not buying this time around.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

One Day Only items are supposed to be the cheapest for six months. TSVs are just items they feature and don’t make any claim about it being the lowest price.

That said it is very annoying they do stuff like that.
Contributor

Oh thanks Hippiechick - I didn't know that. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the FYI.. I’m very annoyed!! I just put in a call to Customer Service and the clerk said she couldn’t do anything. I asked for a manager to call me back. They are supposedly calling me back tomorrow. And u wonder why sales might be down..😡
Trusted Contributor

I agree with what you are saying.  It's very frustrating when we make a purchase thinking that it's a great and supposedly low price, only to see that it's even cheaper a short time later.

I thought TSVs were supposed to be the lowest they would be (along with the One Day Only), but I guess that isn't true.  Either way, it's easy and quite understandable to feel duped by this.  This happens with a lot of the Q's items and that's why I always shop around online before making a purchase from them.  I often find the same item for much cheaper at Amazon, ebay, Target, etc., with free shipping.

Respected Contributor

Well- A Customer Service Mgr never called me back today as promised, so when I receive the shipment it’s going back the same day..I must say very poor customer service from QVC on this situation!!! 😡
Trusted Contributor

TSVs are NOT advertised as the lowest ever price or the lowest price for the next 6 months.  They are presented as the best value of the day, in reality a showcase item for the day.  Many TSVs are NOT an actual value at all as the items are never offered as a true markdown - ie Dyson hairdryer, iPads, Apple Watch, the Phillips toothbrush yesterday (its the same price everywhere).

No matter where you shop you take a gamble that the item will be offered at a lower price later on.

Valued Contributor

It is very annoying. It seems every time I have placed a large order a few days later it's free shipping. I don't expect to be reimbursed. I did not order it that day. It's a chance you take. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think QVC will refund any difference IF free shipping is the only reason the price is lower than it was initially. 

They look at the item price without shipping, to determine if a customer is allowed a partial refund. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  This has been my understanding for a long time now.  But, paying more stinks.  I've been there.