Honored Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock TSV 7/8...

As a grocery store bag, it's not practical for me at all.  I need and love the bigger Lock n Lock insulated bags for my grocery runs.  I transfer my items into the bags once I'm back at my car.

But for a quick weekend trip, or a day at the park, or tennis courts, this size is fantastic for hours out enjoying the day and having lunch and something cold to drink. 

I'm not at all happy about the $5.50 s/h for this TSV, but I may still get a set.

Esteemed Contributor

I also wish they'd give us free shpg on this tsv, along with a buy more and save.

Since this covid thing, I've been doing grocery shopping for my high-risk ninety-year-old neighbor.  Having two of these insulated bags, one for me and one for her, would make it much easier keeping the 'cold' stuff separate instead of picking thru everything before I bring them in to her.  I already have two shopping bags for dry goods.  But, wondering if the convenience is worth almost $40 with the shpg and tax.

I shall order one though - handy during the hot weather!

Honored Contributor

This looks like a cute set but nothing I need or would use so it's an easy pass. 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I also wish they'd give us free shpg on this tsv, along with a buy more and save.

Since this covid thing, I've been doing grocery shopping for my high-risk ninety-year-old neighbor.  Having two of these insulated bags, one for me and one for her, would make it much easier keeping the 'cold' stuff separate instead of picking thru everything before I bring them in to her.  I already have two shopping bags for dry goods.  But, wondering if the convenience is worth almost $40 with the shpg and tax.

I shall order one though - handy during the hot weather!

@eddyandme   It's so wonderful of you shopping for your neighbor. Heart

Respected Contributor

Well I broke down and ordered the blue, but only one!    I have lock and lock insulated bags from way back when, and they still keep hot hot and cold cold. 

I have many sets of California creations bags which are fantastic.  They have kept those little frozen bags frozen over 10 hours.  The L n L can keep them frozen for about 5 hours. 

Q, are you listening?  Please offer us free S &H on tsv. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

I purchased this similar Lock & Lock from QVC years ago.  The containers are different, larger but there are 3 of them.  I thought I'd use this all the time.  I haven't.  It's been sitting in my kitchen cupboard for years.  I'm actually thinking about putting it in a garage sale.

Respected Contributor

Guess I feel like so many others. Saw the TSV last night and immediately thought it was something one of my sisters might like. Thought for $30 it would be a nice "just because" gift to send her. But then saw the S/H. Once that's factored with tax that simple $30 gift is now $40. So I re-evaluated and think I'm going to pass.

New Contributor

In the description is says BPA free.

Respected Contributor

I agree, this is not big enough for the grocery store unless you are getting one thing.

Great size for picnic.  I think its a good deal, but I have insulated bags for grocery store already and don't need the lock and lock.  

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme 

My advice would be to buy bigger sized insulated bags like the ones they sell in sets of 5 or 6 during the holidays on QVC.  They may even have them now.  I have given them as gifts, they are a great size.  I think they were from California Innovations or something like that.