Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock TSV 7/8...

@Catch71 wrote:

@eddyandme 

My advice would be to buy bigger sized insulated bags like the ones they sell in sets of 5 or 6 during the holidays on QVC.  They may even have them now.  I have given them as gifts, they are a great size.  I think they were from California Innovations or something like that.

Thanx, I'll check that out!

Respected Contributor

my grey arrived today.  i just unpacked it.

AWESOME!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I prefer glass.

Although, as someone here mentioned, the containers would be cute during the holidays..........filled with a variety of holiday candies and given as gifts to hosts, neighbors, friends, etc.

Also, lightweight to send to out- of- town folks.

Nice to have lightweight containers for travel, too.  Filled with side dishes, snacks, etc.,  and placed in an ice chest/cooler. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

presentation looked flat to me.  Can't imagine they would deisign it any other way

Honored Contributor

Even though it like many of the colors offered, this was an eady

ass for me.  I have.a California Innovations set that suits my needs sufficiently.  T was tempted momentarily but didn’t like that the L&L containers were permanently divided. The description online dives the impression that the bowls have inserts, meaning they’re removable. When Teri Conn was presenting, she was trying to remove it and Chris Pryme said it didn’t come out, that’s all I needed to hear to mak3it a ‘no’.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I think Rachel and/or Mary Beth showed that the insert came out. The insert is permanently divided but can be removed to use just the bowl without dividing.

I checked one bowl (mine came Wednesday) and the divided insert came out. I only checked one, but I'm sure they're all the same. 

Teri Conn? Is she a host here?  I didn't think so, but I don't know newer ones

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

I too am getting away from plastic as are my friends.  If this TSV is going to be used for a picnic, it may be a good choice.  Your recipients could always use the bag for shopping.  Oh wait, our grocery stores no longer let you bring your own bags.  I guess decisions decisions is right.

In my area grocery stores still allow you to bring your reusable bags.

@KingstonsMom  Mine too. And it's a good thing...since the stores are still selling them! 😄

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I agree, this is not big enough for the grocery store unless you are getting one thing.

Great size for picnic.  I think its a good deal, but I have insulated bags for grocery store already and don't need the lock and lock.  

@Catch71 I like the bag because it's tall. My regular insulated bag closes like a doctor's bag, but a little bigger, of course.  (I got it here 3 or 4 years at a very good/special price...clearance, last clicks, something.  It's covered with pics of Elle magazine covers.  People often comment about it)

Anyway, invariably the cashier will try to pack it (I prefer to do it but am often unloading the cart while they bag as they go) and they will often stand up tall items...juice, milk, etc....and try to close it, somehow not realizing that it's wider at the sides than at the top when closed.  I can see it coming so I will help them by readjusting things or hope they don't ruin the zipper before I can step in. 

So this tote is going to be very helpful in avoiding that!

I got red and I love it!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  I think Rachel and/or Mary Beth showed that the insert came out. The insert is permanently divided but can be removed to use just the bowl without dividing.

I checked one bowl (mine came Wednesday) and the divided insert came out. I only checked one, but I'm sure they're all the same. 

Teri Conn? Is she a host here?  I didn't think so, but I don't know newer ones

@esmerelda Yes, she’s a host, usually on middays, but has other slots too at times.  This is weird because she was attempting to remove the divider and struggling with it.  Chris P. was on the phone during the demo and said it didn’t come out.  Teri appeared somewhat embarrassed and said, “oh, well never mind then” as she set the bowl back down.  

Contributor

I just got my set, all three bowls stack upright in the tote with room on the side for something the size of a large bottle of wine. Very generously sized.