Frequent Contributor
I could have sworn Chris said it was BPA free but I can't find anywhere where it actually says this. Can someone confirm you heard the same thing and what do you think?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock TSV BPA free?

@Kazsails

Chris did say it on air and I agree with you about not finding it anywhere in writing.

Hoping Q has not sunk to another new low. Bought one set for myself and another as a gift.

Honored Contributor

Lock & lock has always ben BPA free.

Trusted Contributor

LnL has always been BPA free.  That being said, BPA i consumer plastics is not a danger to us.  it, like so many other things, has been exploited by companies as a way to mark up the price of things and sell to people who are afraid of big words because they do not understand basic science.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The regular line of L&L is made from propylene plastic, which does not contain BPA. The plastic that does contain BPA is  polycarbonate.

At one time, like many companies, L&L did have a line of polycarbonate plastic. It was stronger, more durable, and also clear. It was more expensive and not sold widely.

Several years ago, L&L scrapped that line in favor of a similar plastic trademarked as Tritan, which is BPA-free. It is similar in qualities to their old polycarbonate and also more expensive than their regular line of L&L

To sum up, no current L&L product contains BPA, and the L&L that you're buying never did.

Edited for clarity.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone for your responses. I still can't figure out why it's doesn't say it anywhere but I'm confident in using it and I'm not going to return.
Thanks again!