Trusted Contributor

I'm in Missouri. I love lobster and haven't had it in years. Even at a restaurant where you plan on spending a lot, I never even order it. There never even a price on the menu. I rarely eat meat so I get a nice filet when I go out. I remember when my mom had lobster tails in the freezer so you could just put one on the grill or broiler whenever you wanted. That was a long time ago. If you have access to fresh seafood I'm jealous. If you buy the TSV enjoy it.   

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Must everything be about price!!!!!!   If YOU can't afford something that doesn't mean it's expensive or over priced.  

@chrystaltree , Did the OP say she couldn't afford it ? It is about value, which is in the name of the company. 

@QVCkitty1   Very true and price is relative.  Just like the old saying..... Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.....

And just because we can afford something, doesn't mean we should buy it.  Like if a dozen donuts cost $50, I can surely afford it, but I'm not going to buy it.  Now if it is something that you really want and can afford the high price, more power to you and go for it.  

By the same token, if the only way I could afford something (that truly is not a necessity) is by purchasing it on easy pay, I surely wouldn't buy it.  But that's just me and the way I was brought up.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

The funny part is that lobsters , at one time , were dirt cheap . They were considered just bottom feeding scavengers ! Now look at the price ! 

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Must everything be about price!!!!!!   If YOU can't afford something that doesn't mean it's expensive or over priced.  

@chrystaltree , Did the OP say she couldn't afford it ? It is about value, which is in the name of the company. 

@QVCkitty1   Very true and price is relative.  Just like the old saying..... Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.....

And just because we can afford something, doesn't mean we should buy it.  Like if a dozen donuts cost $50, I can surely afford it, but I'm not going to buy it.  Now if it is something that you really want and can afford the high price, more power to you and go for it.  

By the same token, if the only way I could afford something (that truly is not a necessity) is by purchasing it on easy pay, I surely wouldn't buy it.  But that's just me and the way I was brought up.  

@SloopJohnB , Well said , 👏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SloopJohnB , Well said , 👏

@QVCkitty1   Thank you!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Heart lobster but prefer whole ones not just frozen tails. IMO freezing changes the texture of the meat,  I would also not buy unless there was overnight delivery to ensure they came still frozen.

@mspatmac  Totally agree! My SIL often serves lobster tail for my brother's birthday. It's expensive, and just not as good as freshly steamed lobs. Besides, there's the delicious claw meat and the tamale. My DS and DH just scoop up any carapice's the others don't want and dig away! Hahaha!

Trusted Contributor

I shake my head every time this comes up as a TSV.  I'm amazed at those who pay for these every year.

Regular Contributor

Eek! The lobster lovers here will probably want to kill me! 🤪😜

My brother in law is a lobsterman and is out on his boat everyday... I could have lobster whenever I want, but I don't eat it ... ever! Don't like lobster! 🦞🙈🙈

We are going to Maine Saturday for a cousin's cookout ... lobster will be all around ... none for me!! 🤢 I don't eat any seafood. 🙈

Honored Contributor

Seafood in general has seen some of the most highest increases in prices in recent times. The cost of logistics can explain a lot of it from catch, to storing and packaging to delivery. It's much more involved than transporting a pair of jeans from overseas on a boat.

Trusted Contributor

@JFD12   You are making me so jealous!   I love lobster!   [Give your brother my number]  lol