Respected Contributor

I think this TSV is overpriced. As a New Englander I know the prices of Maine lobster is way down. You can get 3 pounds of Maine lobster for $59.99. Greenhead lobster is caught in a section  of Stonington Maine.

My local grocery store has a flyer today showing lobster at $4.99 a pound in the shell.

Honored Contributor

Yes, three pounds of lobster plus 1/2 pound of butter for $199 does sound rich.  But it does include shipping.  And they have to cover the cost of customer returns, if any,.

It always pays to shop around.

Honored Contributor

Yep, so everyone is going to be able to drive (or fly) to Maine to buy their lobsters?  After quarantining for the mandated 14-day self-quarantine, if you come in from out of state?  Is that correct?

And most of the meat in even a 1-lb lobster is in the tail.  There's a lot of waste in that pound from the shell.

It may seem over-priced to those who can buy and cook their own Maine lobsters from the local grocery, but to others who can't, it might seem worth treating themselves.  Also, some people only like the tail meat.

I say let people spend their own money how they wish and let the lobstermen and women make a living.  Everyone has something local that they can say is "overpriced" for those living elsewhere.  (The local price of lobster may be down, but so is the catch and the overseas market.)

Respected Contributor

Re: Lobster TSV

[ Edited ]

Let me clarify.....the 3 pounds for $59.99 are for alive and kicking lobsters that are sent next day!

I said overpriced because of the circumstances and restaurants not ordering, there is a glut of lobster.

Respected Contributor

Too funny, because my local market doesn't carry Maine lobster. Of course, I like most of the country, don't live in New England. I can find 7 oz. of lobster meat for $20. Of course that means going into the store with no curbside pickup and shop during new shortened hours that have caused nothing but more congestion in the store. 

As with everything in life, it's all in where you put your priorities.

Trusted Contributor

@wakefield64 I have a place in Maine - Right now it's about 8.99 lb at the docks.  If you head into a grocery store a bit cheaper- 5.99/6.99. 

The TSV price is crazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I think this TSV is overpriced. As a New Englander I know the prices of Maine lobster is way down. You can get 3 pounds of Maine lobster for $59.99. Greenhead lobster is caught in a section  of Stonington Maine.

My local grocery store has a flyer today showing lobster at $4.99 a pound in the shell.

Wakefield, MA?

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

Wakefield, MA?

@Biftu  Yes..

Regular Contributor

Re: Lobster TSV

[ Edited ]

My groceries are delivered here locally on Long Island, NY by Fresh Direct.  I can buy a 4 oz tail for about $5 less.  Do you getball the meat out of the shell?  I wonder.  The presentation looks delicious & is tempting, but not I will pass.  Too $$$

Esteemed Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

Wakefield, MA?

@Biftu  Yes..

@wakefield64   What a coincidence, I lived there for 20 years.  Lovely town.