Honored Contributor

Little Giant TSV - September 7, 2023

V56792 Hero Lightweight Step Ladder with Utility Box - $159.98

IMG_2511.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Little Giant TSV - September 7, 2023

This is very tempting! At 4'11" I won't get any taller and I love a good ladder- I'll have to think about this TSV.  I even like the name, "Little Giant" Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Dan Hughes loved the Little Giant ladders.  His name was synonymous with them.

Super Contributor

The two steps are narrow. I had a step stool like that. It was very uncomfortable to stand on because it didn't support my entire foot. The upper platform is wider, but I wouldn't stand up there because I'd be afraid of falling off. There aren't any hand rails on top. I gave it to the Goodwill for a younger person, who has better balance to buy. I found a safer & more comfortable step stool at Home Depot for half the price of LIttle Giant.

Honored Contributor

Utility box a really good idea but I think this ladder needs one more step. I saw a demo with the rep/vendor and he said on a one story house you can now reach the gutters to clean . He couldn't even reach the gutter system he was demo'ing with. Seriously Mr?

Occasional Contributor

I was considering purchasing this however not with the extra $10.50 for S&H.

Honored Contributor

I got one for my mother at one of the home improvement stores - Lowes or Home Depot.  It was a very good price compared to what I'd seen elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

They are sold at local big box stores so before you make a purchase I would visit them and try it out to be sure it's comfortable to work with and on. I would hate to get it and then discover that the rungs are to narrow and need to return it. We have one (it is 20+ years old) and it is a terrific ladder.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Frequent Contributor

@SportyShorty07 whooo…4’11 here, too, so I hear ya! I have two step stools, but they are not as tall as this one, and there are still a lot of things I can’t reach even when I use them. I get frustrated, so I use the tallest thing I have that I can stand on…a barstool. Both my husband and daughter have told me to please stop doing that. My husband had bought himself a full sized Little Giant awhile ago from either Lowe’s or Home Depot (I can’t remember which). It was expensive, but it’s a great, sturdy ladder (way too big and heavy for me to pull around and use, though). When he saw this being presented, he told me to get it so I’ll stop using the barstool.
Respected Contributor

@PamHeet  Yay!  Welcome to the 4'11" club Smiley Very Happy!  Oh you're a little stuntwoman on that barstool -I love it!!  My parents bought me two great ladders a little shorter than this TSV  a few years ago when they noticed me climbing on top of their countertops to reach spices on high up shelves.  I almost fell one time, but caught my balance and they said, "We're getting you a ladder!".  Your husband must've been thrilled to see today's ladder TSV! He and your daughter can rest easy knowing that you're going to go on the ladders instead of that trusty barstool.  Your post made me smile so big- I can just imagine you fearlessly climbing that barstool and getting high up things.  I hope that you enjoy your ladder! I  think I'll look into buying this one too Smiley Very Happy.