Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna upcoming TSV, 3/11/19

[ Edited ]

From Merriam Webster online dictionary:

Definition of detraction:

1 : a lessening of reputation or esteem especially by envious, malicious, or petty criticism : belittling, disparagement

Frequent Contributor

Personally, I like her clothes.  You may not like her, her attitude, her values, etc . . . Hey, she may not like you either!

Trusted Contributor

I seldom comment but I would not purchase anything with her name on it. I feel it would be condoning and enabling a person with very undesirable qualities. I wish QVC would do a quality check on the person hawking the merchandise.
Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Maybe it is the length, maybe it is the color but bathrobe describes it.

@traveler 

I think it's the combination of fabric and length.  It's too long for a ribbed knit fabric.  It doesn't hang properly - looks droopy and shapeless..  

It would look better if it were knee length or shorter.  

I had a pattern for a knitted shin length duster ... I had to eliminate about 10 inches to get the right drape/hang. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been loving duster length items since the 70's, maybe the 80's (?).

In fact, I still have and wear an apricot cable knit sweater vest duster. 

Medium-light weight, not heavy.

I wear it over leggings for coverage.

It's in 'perfect' condition, as I have taken very good care of it. 

The style slightly 'disappeared' for a few years or so in-between, but it's back and I'm glad. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@SharonZ wrote:

Personally, I like her clothes.  You may not like her, her attitude, her values, etc . . . Hey, she may not like you either!

Well, she kind of already said she didn’t, so...

Honestly, at one point, one just has to say enough. She’s not saying things jokingly; she’s saying them because she means them. I personally like her clothes too - they looked good on me.  But, you know, so do many other designers.

Trusted Contributor

She is rude, crude and offensive.  Why QVC has her on is beyond me.  I would go naked before I gave her a penny.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hullie wrote:
I seldom comment but I would not purchase anything with her name on it. I feel it would be condoning and enabling a person with very undesirable qualities. I wish QVC would do a quality check on the person hawking the merchandise.

@hullie 

Whose criteria do you propose that QVC use to determine "quality"? Smiley Wink 

If it were mine - there are at least four name brands I won't buy because of whom they are associated with.  Smiley Wink

ETA:  Oh! .... and there is a  vendor who once said something I found offensive .... so let's get rid of that person also!  Smiley Wink

Contributor

I'll save my vitriol for the My Pillow guy. Smiley LOL LOL

Honored Contributor

Getting back to the subject at hand-- the TSV-- l don't care for it. It's too long and boxy, and unflattering whether you're petite or tall, size xxs or 3x. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~